+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast
    The "Friends" of Officer Frank Poncherello bobww's Avatar
    Member #

Ozarks, join Doug, Cheap, me and ??? as we invade Jarheads neighborhood in 2012

Doug, Brad and I have discussed with Jarhead that he play tour guide for a few of us at a date(s) yet to be determined in 2012. Everyone's time lines are a mess at this point, but keep an eye here if you think you could handle riding and visiting in some of the nicest countryside to be enjoyed anywhere.

Here's a link to a short ADVrider post with some great photos, it should wet your appetite.

Quick Ozarks Loops - ADVrider

The Arkansas Dragon - Hwy 123 | Arkansas Motorcycle Roads and Rides | MotorcycleRoads.com
    You think he's gone? He's not gone. That's the whole point! He's never gone!

The "Friends" of Officer Frank Poncherello cheapbastard's Avatar
    Member #
    not 100% sure I can make this happen, but I plan to do my best to make it happen! I imagine I might could persuade ol' Willy to rear his ugly face again too if it involves crazy ol' coot time.

Member #
    I figured I'd add you to the list just to put the pressure on

It's not far for us, more central for a bunch of folks and a couple days there can provide some amazing loops. Jarhead has emergencies to deploy to and I know you guys having a house full of children and that work thing you should go to can make it hard to get away (let alone the $$). Doug was trying to work around the kids school dates and also consider the weather, etc. I had to bypass the Ozark side trips last year as my plan changes for the RMR ate up the travel days, it's a MUST do for me this year.

Member #
    I agree Bob, I like your pressure tactics, it just may work.

Member #
    Depending on the dates and if alcohol is involved....
    one wheel is too little and anything over 2 is just unnecessary. motorcycle is only the essense of mobility.

The "Friends" of Officer Frank Poncherello jarhead's Avatar
    Member #
    Dates - June 7th - 11th

OK, here is some links to Hotels and RV and camping and I have room for 2 on the floor and 4 or 5 tents in the back yard.

This place has the mostest and is the closest as far as RV's and Camping, 2 to 3 miles from my house.

Cowpatty RV Park and Campground - Home

In Fayetteville

This place is literally 7 miles up the street from my house.

*by*Southgate RV Park

Hotels

C, D, H, I and J are all strait shots to my house under 10 miles

hotels in fayetteville ar - Google Maps

Tenative Schedule -

These are loops that I more than likely will be riding and is what I would consider a good sample of the roads in my immediate area. There is a lot of some sweet riding in the Mountain home, Mountain view and Hot Springs (Schrutebucks A/O) areas. However as Dano pointed out, they are just far enough away that it would require more logistical support.

Loop 1 June 7th

Fayetteville, AR to Fayetteville, AR - Google Maps

Loop 2 June 8th

Loop 3 June 9th

West Fork, AR to West Fork, AR - Google Maps

Loop 4 June 10th

June 11th will be open since a lots of folks will be heading back. Those that have the time and want to ride a little more I am sure we can figure something out.

Or

I give ya the maps and you make your own routes or take off to the areas previously mentioned!

On a side note I could give you recommendations on which roads to take on your way here so that you can cover as much of the state as possible. Peeps coming from the east coast could hit the Mountain home roads and peeps from the south the Ouachita's or Mena area etc...
    Last edited by jarhead; 04-29-2012 at 11:15 AM.

Come on, you sons of bitches-do you want to live forever?" (Attributed to Gunnery Sergeant Dan Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood, June 1918.)

Member #
    its been years since ive been able to run around in them thare hills. the Ozarks are wonderful. growing up in northeast Texas, i always looked forward to taking trips into the mtns. Eureka Springs and the surrounding area is awesome. we went there for the Passion Play The New Great Passion Play. Purchase Official Passion Play Tickets Here! . i also worked a summer in Red Oak, Oklahoma in a oil plant when i was like 22 many moons ago. man, i loved going to western Arkansas and running around the Ozarks that summer.
    "Quote Cheapbastard, well, it's official, dano is the sexiest cracker i've ever met, and night train is the sexiest brotha i've ever met."

Originally Posted by Joe Houle "Nighttrain is the bling Darth Vader, you are the bling Jar Jar Binks.."

check out my cross country trip... http://triumph-travels.blogspot.com/
    &
    the Aussie Invasion......http://coast2coast-crew.blogspot.com/

The "Friends" of Officer Frank Poncherello doug's Avatar
    Member #
    i can just hit up some of my old missouri stomping grounds on the way down, if the wifey lets me go that is.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by dfib View Post
    Depending on the dates and if alcohol is involved....

if Smitty is in... I'M DEFINITELY IN!

Member #
    Jarhead, that loop looks sweet! I hope Smitty can make it even though I heard nobody in Arkansas drinks hard likker

Ads