Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner

Project Help Comp Werkes tail tidy with keeping OEM light bezel

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Tripletriple 
#1 ·
Hello guys, so its 2017 and I figure my 2009 Speed triple is due for a new look since Im not busy with my classes and will be taking it to the shop since the rear axle nut seems to be stripped.I figure I might as well have the Comp Werkes Fender eliminator and integrated rear lights installed as well!My problem is, I really dislike the look where the original light bezel is gone when you put the comp werkes FE, but i do like the quality of their metal pieces in their kit since i bought a set already, I just never installed it. I saw dogmeat's awesome thread where he chopped his original rear fender and he was able to keep his light bezel so the light did not look so exposed.

I basically want it to look like this

with this product (Minus the turn indicators since I will be using an integrated tail light)

I used this link below as a reference to how the guy was able to cut his original fender but i was wondering if someone might have attempted this already and can give me some input so I can save myself some time. I was hoping I could just instruct the shop to do it since i really do not trust myself with cutting up my bike parts and would rather not destroy my own bike.Does anyone know a fellow Speed Triple owner that might have done this as well?

Reference
2008 2009 Tail Tidy/Fender Chop Mod Tutorial - Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.