Exhaust fitment option for cutom build
    Member #

Exhaust fitment option for cutom build

Hi, been here a while and I don't normally post unless I can't find the answer somewhere. Basically speaking I have a 03 955i cafe project and need a little help on exhaust options. Finding anything that's not an Ebay fart can and is still low profile is almost impossible. I killed the sub frame for my own design but I'm looking to keep as much of the Frame and bike predictable for someone in the future, or if I need to get rid of it, plus I have the memory of a goldfish and might have to work on it. So, question here is what are my fitment options? I'm willing to replace the headers all the way back, but if I can keep the modification down I'd prefer that. If not...then I'll just weld something up.

Attached Images Attached Images

The "Friends" of Officer Frank Poncherello Chewie.'s Avatar
    Member #
    let us know what you find. I'm fitting an 05 rear end to and 04 and I'm still trying to decide on a pipe. I've got an 05 set of headers that I can install which will increase the range of pipe options I can fit.
    John

"I haven't shot anybody since 1992...and even then I didn't do it!" - Mark 'Chopper' Read

Member #
    So I wasn't able to find out a lot, however British customs and Zard both have a low profile exhaust that bolts directly to the header. They are both on Ebay and easy to find under $500, both also utilize the main foot peg and frame to attach to the bike. I can't tell a lot in their exhaust notes, especially from youtube, but they are very similar and look good for a classic style build.

Zard:
    BC: search "[COLOR=var(--ytd-video-primary-info-renderer-title-color, var(--yt-spec-text-primary))]British Customs Speed Triple GP Exhaust" on youtube[/COLOR]

As far as headers are concerned, I think where the collector ends is slightly different on the 05+ due to the under tail exhaust. extension. I believe you could bolt them up, but getting a GP style exhaust would need to be matched between header years, the O2 is close to the same area as well. I'm not sure if it's the same thread and connector type though.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheSpeedTriple.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Or you can try what I did and mount the stock muffler off an '09 suzuki GSXR 750. A light (titanium) can with the same inlet diameter as the stock mid pipe. I like the Arrow low tune from Tune-ecu

Member #
    Sorry about the orientation. I'm somewhat challenged by the computer.

Member #
    I like these guys HP Corse. Motorcycles

Member #
    From the photo it just looks to heavy for the bike, so not a mod I would consider, plus I'm more a fan of the high twin mufflers myself. But each to their own. As long as you like the way it looks peg, that's all that matters.

Member #
    This actually looks good, I'm wondering how that angular look would flow with the 955i tank though. I'm gonna search around and see what I can find for this specifically.

Member #
    The double back high set mufflers looks nice on the 05 and up models, but you can't use them with the 955i set-ups. I'm using a custom sub frame anyways, so low mount is the easiest and safest best for my build specifically.

Sponsored Links