front sprocket change
    Member #

front sprocket change

Is anyone familiar with a sprocket change to increase acceleration on there bike. Don't want to really get into tables and charts and working out gearing, but was thinking would a tooth down on my t509 at the front be ok without having to change chain length and would it make any appreciable difference. 6th gear on the old girl is a waste of time its just an overdrive really and these models were known for being a bit fluffy at the low end, so hence me thinking a sprocket change might address this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunhj View Post
    Is anyone familiar with a sprocket change to increase acceleration on there bike. Don't want to really get into tables and charts and working out gearing, but was thinking would a tooth down on my t509 at the front be ok without having to change chain length and would it make any appreciable difference. 6th gear on the old girl is a waste of time its just an overdrive really and these models were known for being a bit fluffy at the low end, so hence me thinking a sprocket change might address this.
    I've just bought a 955i and it has 17 45 gearing and no need to alter the chain.Transforms the bike considerably, in other words goes like a rocket!
    NOT SO MEAN NOT SO LEAN EX MAROON MACHINE!

Sponsored Links