Hearing Protection
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #

Question Hearing Protection

Hey fellow riders! I just watched this video about Big Ear custom motorcycle earbuds/hearing protection and I want to know if any of you here tried their products. I'd love to get myself a pair but I want to know if they're great first. Any other recommendation? Thanks!

The "Friends" of Officer Frank Poncherello Night Train's Avatar
    Member #
    I like Etymotic and currently use Ear Peace as shown here https://www.earpeace.com/products/mo...nt=40836254468

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Ride with confidence. Not your ego.
    "on a more serious note, how come reporters in Alabama don't speak with a "twang" and say stuff like "y'all see wut that there foo' done?" " Teemstah

"I have determined that all women are soul leeches..." Crashmasterd 2012

"Hey, for some reason I pictured you on a bigger bike!" Said all too often

The "Friends" of Officer Frank Poncherello 2doggs's Avatar
    Member #
    Just use cotton balls. No joke. They are cheap, doesn’t matter if you lose them, and they block wind noise without losing out on other more important sounds.

Cotten balls make me think of David. And Cheap Cotten balls make me think of David and Brad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Originally Posted by m4ppy
    I have always ridden Aprilias and Ducati bikes, but after years of failing electrics and parts failing off I moved over to Triumph.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheSpeedTriple.com
    Advertisements

The "Friends" of Officer Frank Poncherello limey's Avatar
    Member #
    What?
    Anyone seen my 10 mm wrench?

The "Friends" of Officer Frank Poncherello BUCKET's Avatar
    Member #
    I use Chewie's ear wax .
    I like shiny things.

The "Friends" of Officer Frank Poncherello Chewie.'s Avatar
    Member #
    What?
    John

"I haven't shot anybody since 1992...and even then I didn't do it!" - Mark 'Chopper' Read

The "Friends" of Officer Frank Poncherello dr_gallup's Avatar
    Member #
    I want real noise reduction, not ear buds, not cotton balls. I bought a sampler pack of the highest noise reduction disposable foam earplugs when I bought Stella. My favorite was Howard Leight by Honeywell Laser Lite. Best fit for my ears, all day comfortable. YMMV. I bought a 200 pack and am still using them. You can use them a couple of times before they get groady and you can wash them a couple of times before they get hard to insert. At about 10 cents a pair you can't beat them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Same same , Earplugs are your best protection, I have a SenaFm 2 piece kit has the fm radio inbuilt, super cheap for 2up coms, or have 2 setups.
    I am using the earplugs with these, phone conversations are clear, caller doesn’t even know you are on the bike, voice commands are one touch ( when Siri gets it right, that is) and volume is one the outside of your helmet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Engine Demolition Xpert AdvCole's Avatar
    Member #
    i like to use foamies, but i sometimes think they block too much...im always blasting my sena speakers and i dont want them to blow. my sena smh10r speakers actually sound best for music and calls if i take an old pair of sony ear buds, the ones with the smallest housing, and use those not plugged into anything. sometimes i cut the cord right at the T to shorten it up but keep em together. trebel/bass perfectly balanced, and I can still hear other traffic.

plus they stay on well when putting on my helmet.

these things are wear items for using with my phone, but they last forever as sound deadeners for riding:
    https://www.amazon.com/Sony-Lightwei...613020&sr=8-26

Member #
    WTF!!! Is this "The Speed Triple" or knitting group? What happened to enjoying the sound of your bike?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links