Training

Thread: Training

Member #

Training

Just threw my S3 down the highway because I was changing playists on my ipod, I looked up, traffic had stopped, and I didn't have enough space to stop. Locked them up and lowsided. Traffic started moving, I didn't hit anything but the road.

Now, aside from learning the lesson of NOT ****ING WITH YOUR ****ING IPOD WHILE YOU'RE RIDING IN TRAFFIC ON THE HIGHWAY, OR ANY OTHER PLACE WHILE YOU'RE RIDING FOR THAT MATTER, I realize that had I been more attuned to intense/panic braking, I might have been able to avoid lowsiding.

As a result of this experience, I actually pulled "A Twist of The Wrist" off the shelf where I had put it four years ago, and opened it for the first time. Hey! A whole CHAPTER on braking! Who knew?

Clearly, any idiot can twist a throttle. But I was wondering what training was available out there to become a better rider? What did you do?

Citation of the Wrench and Nutdriver Talus's Avatar
    Member #
    Yeah, they're are tons riding schools all over the place.

You might also want to go to an empty parking lot and practice your emergency braking. Learn what you can and can't do, safely, within reason.

The "Friends" of Officer Frank Poncherello marka83's Avatar
    Member #
    If it's just braking then you can practice in a parking lot like the above post suggested. Panic braking will be a skill to learn over time. Wear full gear just in case you take a spill. If your bike is still running maybe repair what's functionally necessary and practice before swapping plastic and cosmetic bits.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheSpeedTriple.com
    Advertisements

The "Friends" of Officer Frank Poncherello DeepSixxx's Avatar
    Member #
    I make a play list in my itunes for motorcycle rides. This way you can kinda deal with a 3-5 min song that's a kinda alright and stay focused. Also why did you have that hannah montana song in your playlist to start with!?

The "Friends" of Officer Frank Poncherello marka83's Avatar
    Member #
    Bluetooth setup dudes... You have to **** with the dial on the helmet but you don't take your eyes off the road. Don't know if they have vox for music though.

The "Friends" of Officer Frank Poncherello DeepSixxx's Avatar
    Member #
    Yea I got a nice setup from a member on here, blue tooth my phone to it, and have an iPod wired in for music (helps keep the batt life on the phone, plus I can keep it unwired) kind makes my bell star more bulky but it's great for long commutes, if anyone ever called me...

The "Friends" of Officer Frank Poncherello Joe Houle's Avatar
    Member #
    whats ur number?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryanc123 View Post
    Speedtriple.com is like motorcycles meets Monte Python from what I've seen, you either get it or you don't.

Member #

Member #
    I didn't read all the posts but I'm sure this was mentioned, the key is to get the bike vertically true and then you have to apply evenly and smoothly till bacyou are a ch away from locking the front up. If feel it start to lock then back. off slightly back off but stay vert, at the same time key low and back while making the rear brake. The rear can dance, I just lock it up. U have so much to do in a split second

Sponsored Links