Thoughts on a quick shifter? Could make wheelies interesting. Drag racing- any advant
    Member #

Thoughts on a quick shifter? Could make wheelies interesting. Drag racing- any advant

Buddy of mine got one on his Yamaha FZ-09 and likes it. I ride a lot of wheelies on my speed triple. It's almost impossible not to. Such a fun ride.

Any ideas on which one to buy? And good deals on a kit out there? (I'm in the US.) Was it difficult to install? Did you have to screw with getting it tuned in? Is this something that I can turn off if I wanted?

Was thinking about it because I just got back from the drag strip- running my 12 VFR1200F (6 speed). Was running about a 7.25 in the 1/8 with traps of abound 104 MPH. And although I'm a very experienced rider I can't help but think that a quick shifter may take another tenth of a second off my times.

Anyone got time expectations for an 07? I plan on taking my speed triple to the drag strip next time I go. May not be as fast, but I bet it's a lot more fun.

Member #
    I installed this Translogic quick shifter on my 2007 two years ago, it works perfectly and haven’t had to mess with any of the factory settings. It’s plug and play, you can’t turn it off, not that you’ll ever want to!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    That looks pretty cool. I went to their page it appears they have a lot of products. The "Blip Assist", the "Powershifter" the "Quickshifter" the "Intelligent Shift" etc. Not sure which one I need.

What about other brands? Can I save any money and still have a good working unit? Do I need to have a power commander?

Thinking that one of these buggers may be a Lot of un.

Sponsored Links