Sprockets

Thread: Sprockets

Member #

Sprockets

So i purchased a set of sprockets 17/45 and curious if there is anything i can do to reduce the wear and tear on the swing arm ?

Member #
    Wear and Tear of the swing arm from what exactly??
    Just be mindful of your chains tension,dont let it get too loose. The rubbing strips will do the rest.

Enjoy the wheelies and be safe.

Member #
    Sorry still a noob on parts but wear and tear on the rubbing strips on the swing arm from dropping a tooth in front adding 3 to the back or is that all controlled by chain tension?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheSpeedTriple.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    You've got nothing to worry about.

The "Friends" of Officer Frank Poncherello Chewie.'s Avatar
    Member #
    You may need to keep an eye on the rubbing as wear will be increased, but they are not difficult to replace. I suspect you may end up replacing the 17 tooth front with the stock 18 anyway. I reckon you'll find that the reduction in gearing as a result of going up 3 teeth on the rear sprocket will be more than enough for you.
    John

"I haven't shot anybody since 1992...and even then I didn't do it!" - Mark 'Chopper' Read

Member #
    Cool,thanks for the input guys. Chewie you may be right...I'm a little nervous to see how she feels with the new set up

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by S3SquidZ View Post
    Cool,thanks for the input guys. Chewie you may be right...I'm a little nervous to see how she feels with the new set up
    Dude just the 45 is too much. Let alone the 17 on front. 1 down on front is like 2 up on back. So 5 up? That's nuts dude. Not necessary. I put a 45 on a few years ago and it was too much snap. Too jerky and engine worked too hard to go at faster highway speeds. Went to a 44 on the rear and it's perfect.

Sponsored Links