gel seat cover
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gel seat cover

Member #

gel seat cover

Gel Seat Pad Tourtecs Neo L Triumph Speed Triple Cushion or the Airhawk Dual Sport Motorcycle Seat Pad Cushion

Good day fello Triple owners - anybody used one of these and are they any good?? - Tony

The "Friends" of Officer Frank Poncherello Chewie.'s Avatar
    Member #
    I don't know the first one, but I have ridden a bike with the airhawk cushion. While it was sort of comfortable, when I rode into the twisties, and started to move around on the seat going into corners, I felt very insecure as the cushion was moving around under me.
    I didn't like it it.

I have had six speed triples and have never felt that the stock seats were uncomfortable, however my 2010 SE has the factory gel seat, and that is definitely at a different level of comfort (unless you leave it sitting out in the hot sun).
    John

"I haven't shot anybody since 1992...and even then I didn't do it!" - Mark 'Chopper' Read

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewie. View Post
    I don't know the first one, but I have ridden a bike with the airhawk cushion. While it was sort of comfortable, when I rode into the twisties, and started to move around on the seat going into corners, I felt very insecure as the cushion was moving around under me.
    I didn't like it it.

I have had six speed triples and have never felt that the stock seats were uncomfortable, however my 2010 SE has the factory gel seat, and that is definitely at a different level of comfort (unless you leave it sitting out in the hot sun).

^^ I agree. If you're droning along on the highway for hours at a time, the gel pads or the Airhawk pads offer some relief. But when you start riding aggressively, they feel loose and unstable. If it's just for daily or weekend riding, the stock seat is pretty good. I picked up a Corbin leather saddle at a swap meet, and I can't say it's really any better than stock. I have a seat with built-in gel on another bike. It's comfortable and absorbs some of the engine vibrations. But leave it in the hot sun, or a cold night and it's suddenly not a great idea.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheSpeedTriple.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by maxi1100 View Post
    Gel Seat Pad Tourtecs Neo L Triumph Speed Triple Cushion or the Airhawk Dual Sport Motorcycle Seat Pad Cushion

Good day fello Triple owners - anybody used one of these and are they any good?? - Tony

Visit Theriderbase to find more things that maybe you concern.
    My brother had one Gel seat pad tourtecs. He said he felt comfortable with it because it had a
    anti-slip coating on the pad bottom and a strap to hold firmly.

Member #
    (unless you leave it sitting out in the hot sun).
    Surely if you wait 5 mins the rain will cool it, just need to jump on before the sun comes out again.

So out of the 6 which year/model was the best.

I think I found a picture of Chewie's airhawk cushion,

not sure why you would feel insecure on either of these little beauties, looks like you could even get your elbow down through the twisties.

Member #
    however my 2010 SE has the factory gel seat, and that is definitely at a different level of comfort .

Yep, I see what you mean Chewie

Member #
    ^ Fu ck you Dog!

Quote Originally Posted by Scottdog View Post
    So out of the 6 which year/model was the best.
    The nicest bike to ride was the first 04 I had. That 955 was the sweetest motor I have ever ridden.

The strongest was the 09 1050 after tuning by Tuneboy. Only powertrain mod was CRM half system and it produced 136 RWHP

the before run was with a tune developed by PowerTripp (Devious)

The current Speedy, a John Bloor 15th Anniversary SE which is basically the same bike as the 09, but I like the way it looks.

Truth is, I've loved them all.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    John

"I haven't shot anybody since 1992...and even then I didn't do it!" - Mark 'Chopper' Read

Member #
    I just knew you would appreciate those Chewie

Which is you favorite, bit like asking which is your favorite child. I was sure you would have gone older than the 04 955 and said the (new) T509, the first of the bug eyes. Back then there was nothing on the road that looked or sounded like it. I had the 595 and it just sang at 8000 rmp with the carbon 3 into 1. Your SE looks sooooooooooooo sexy and I'm glad to see you have kept some shiny bits and not blacked everything out like the factory are doing. Do those CRM's sound as good as they look?

AA
    The "Friends" of Officer Frank Poncherello AA's Avatar
    Member #
    Did you photoshop that 04 pic so it looks red?
    IIRC it was pink in sunlight.
    This is the wattle, the symbol of our land.
    You can stick it in a bottle, you can hold it in your hand.
    Australia, Australia, Australia, we love you, Amen.
    Crack a tube.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottdog View Post
    I just knew you would appreciate those Chewie

Which is you favorite, bit like asking which is your favorite child. I was sure you would have gone older than the 04 955 and said the (new) T509, the first of the bug eyes. Back then there was nothing on the road that looked or sounded like it. I had the 595 and it just sang at 8000 rmp with the carbon 3 into 1. Your SE looks sooooooooooooo sexy and I'm glad to see you have kept some shiny bits and not blacked everything out like the factory are doing. Do those CRM's sound as good as they look?
    I never owned a T509. I did have a T300 series (96).

The CRM's do sound good.....and they do make a set for your model.
    John

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links