gel seat cover

Thread: gel seat cover

Member #

gel seat cover

Gel Seat Pad Tourtecs Neo L Triumph Speed Triple Cushion or the Airhawk Dual Sport Motorcycle Seat Pad Cushion

Good day fello Triple owners - anybody used one of these and are they any good?? - Tony

The "Friends" of Officer Frank Poncherello Chewie.'s Avatar
    Member #
    I don't know the first one, but I have ridden a bike with the airhawk cushion. While it was sort of comfortable, when I rode into the twisties, and started to move around on the seat going into corners, I felt very insecure as the cushion was moving around under me.
    I didn't like it it.

I have had six speed triples and have never felt that the stock seats were uncomfortable, however my 2010 SE has the factory gel seat, and that is definitely at a different level of comfort (unless you leave it sitting out in the hot sun).
    John

"I haven't shot anybody since 1992...and even then I didn't do it!" - Mark 'Chopper' Read

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewie. View Post
    I don't know the first one, but I have ridden a bike with the airhawk cushion. While it was sort of comfortable, when I rode into the twisties, and started to move around on the seat going into corners, I felt very insecure as the cushion was moving around under me.
    I didn't like it it.

I have had six speed triples and have never felt that the stock seats were uncomfortable, however my 2010 SE has the factory gel seat, and that is definitely at a different level of comfort (unless you leave it sitting out in the hot sun).

^^ I agree. If you're droning along on the highway for hours at a time, the gel pads or the Airhawk pads offer some relief. But when you start riding aggressively, they feel loose and unstable. If it's just for daily or weekend riding, the stock seat is pretty good. I picked up a Corbin leather saddle at a swap meet, and I can't say it's really any better than stock. I have a seat with built-in gel on another bike. It's comfortable and absorbs some of the engine vibrations. But leave it in the hot sun, or a cold night and it's suddenly not a great idea.

Sponsored Links