BT023 or Road pilot 4?
    Member #

BT023 or Road pilot 4?

I had road pilots on my previous bike (ducati) and they were great in wet or dry. My 2011 S3 has BT023's on it now and they feel great (not ridden in wet yet). BT023's are a lot cheaper but are they any good in the wet? What would you go for? (Road use only and some touring inc. IOM hence the need for grip in the wet!&#x1f923

The "Friends" of Officer Frank Poncherello Chewie.'s Avatar
    Member #
    I have used BT 023s many times and find them great wet or dry, and here they are very cheap also. I currently have Pilot Road 5's on my bike and they are brilliant especially in the wet. If you decide on the Pilot Roads...get the 5.
    John

"I haven't shot anybody since 1992...and even then I didn't do it!" - Mark 'Chopper' Read

The "Friends" of Officer Frank Poncherello dr_gallup's Avatar
    Member #
    Well I don't know about in the wet bu I was disappointed in my BT 023 in the dry. So many on here raved about them but I found it to get greasy in the heat when pushed hard. I was painting lines out of corners, something I don't normally do. It didn't last when ridden like that, just over 2,000 miles IIRC.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheSpeedTriple.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    found the bridgestones squared off quick, on my third set of avon storms and loving them,good milage,good grip right to the edge
    and will do highway miles without turning into a car tyre, ymmv.

Citation of the Wrench and Nutdriver Speedy-Glez's Avatar
    Member #
    I have used the BT023 multiple times in the past and found them good but as mentioned they squared off quickly specially for my highway commute ... I opted for the T030 - Sport-Touring tire - after a few sets of BT023 and I liked them a lot as the centers would last longer and they have great grip on both wet and dry.

Member #
    Go the Michelins, Ive used them a lot, better for sports touring. Thats what I've got on my 07 at the moment.

Member #
    I have Dunlop Roadsmart 2's 'cause they were cheap and I needed some new tyres. I have not had any issues in the wet or dry. Can't say I am a fast rider but can push on a bit and have not had any problems with loosing grip through the twisties. Plenty of confidence in the wet as well.

Member #
    Used to use BT023, and as stated before, really good tire, not a long life. I'll preface by saying I'm an old man in terms of riding, but my last pair of PR3's lasted damn near 9k miles.....no BS. Currently on PR4's and absolutely LOVE them. Hope they last as long as the 3's did.

The "Friends" of Officer Frank Poncherello Bad Santa 1050's Avatar
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by brittrip View Post
    found the bridgestones squared off quick, on my third set of avon storms and loving them,good milage,good grip right to the edge
    and will do highway miles without turning into a car tyre, ymmv.

I'm a bit slow to the party on this one...

I've run Dunlop RoadSmarts for the last 10 years - great in the dry, good (not perfect) in the wet.

This year I switched to Avon Storm 3D XM. They match the Dunlops in the dry, and are the best wet tyre I've run since I last used PR2s. The Avons give excellent cold weather grip, and damp/wet grip is fantastic. Great handling, and long wearing, and as stated above, does not square off.

Sponsored Links