Soon to be proud owner of 2012 triple r - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member #
    Well it's around the same price as what the standard ones are going for, can find on R for 1000 less but with double the milage and in black and another R in white with little less miles on but is 2000 more so I would guess the price is pretty much where it should be. 🤔

The "Friends" of Officer Frank Poncherello dr_gallup's Avatar
    Member #
    I would hate to not get the PVM wheels. Did the original listing show those wheels or mention that the PVM's were taken off? Sounds like the seller is pulling a fast one. The PVM wheels are probably worth $1000.

Still will be a very fun bike but it would eat at me.

Member #
    So I've done some digging around and spoke to triumph them selves and they have confirmed that that particular bike left the show room with pvms so somewhere along the line someone has swapped them. Starting to think all sorts my gut feeling is they were swapped to make some extra coin but my fear is it's been crashed and repaired. No record of it tho. In a dilemma now as can't find another for sale but love the look of this bike. I could spend 2k more and get a 14/15 bike but still doesn't have the pvm wheels.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheSpeedTriple.com
    Advertisements

Citation of the Wrench and Nutdriver Speedy-Glez's Avatar
    Member #
    seems like someone is trying to pull a fast one... id steer clear of the seller if they cant justify such an atrocity. the only reason id be looking at a Speed R in those 2 years (12-13) is because of the tasty bits (olings and pvm) which is what sets it apart form the rest. However like I mentioned before, if you are getting a KILLER deal then i wouldn't be as disappointed. as long as everything else checks out.

Member #
    What would you call killer deal speedy? It's got all the other bits plus asv levers aftermarket mirrors and heated grips just without the wheels gonna tackle the dealer about the wheels as I've paid deposit on it so don't know whether I'll get that back. Standard bikes of same year and milage going for between 1000 less and 500 more depending on dealer. But doesn't have the ohlins and brembos.

The "Friends" of Officer Frank Poncherello Joe Houle's Avatar
    Member #
    You did not put a deposit on a 2012 Speed Triple R.
    There is a clearly defined list of upgrades that make it a Speed Triple R.
    You are short a major upgrade.
    I guarantee the dealer is fully aware those are not the appropriate rims for an R.
    I would haggle for an $800-$1000 price drop, the dealer to supply the appropriate rims, or for your deposit back.
    Personally I like the standard rims better, so the PO might have swapped them out of preference vs being shady.
    and to be quite honest, the ohlins isn't really that special. You can easily achieve the same with Traxxion/Penske, and be ahead on cash..
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryanc123 View Post
    Speedtriple.com is like motorcycles meets Monte Python from what I've seen, you either get it or you don't.

Member #
    Also those are actually Speed Triple R rims, just not 2012. Those are off a later R. A 2012 standard would not have the red rim accent...
    Speedtriple.com is like motorcycles meets Monte Python from what I've seen, you either get it or you don't.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Oahu Triple View Post
    Rear wheel looks to be a PVM, hard to say for the front...
    both front and rear are def NOT PVM

Member #
    Cheers Joe, I'm weighing up my options before talking to the dealer about it, I want the triple r but this is in my budget others are not so I think I'll prob go for it am gutted about the rims tho. Other option I saw a 2017 mt09 for the same money earlier sorry for swearing in here. I'll speak to the dealer tomorrow and let you guys know what comes of it. Thanks again for all of your comments and opinions really helped me out! 👍

Citation of the Wrench and Nutdriver Speedy-Glez's Avatar
    Member #
    @Welderup I would say a Killer deal would be about the cost of the PVM wheels off the price 1000 dollar difference ... in the end the bike will be the same ... the standard wheels are nice and unless you are some sort of SUPERBIKE GOD then you probably would never see the difference in rotating weight. however as i mentioned before if I was interested in purchasing a 12 or 13 R It would be a deal breaker if it did not have the Lightweight wheels. in the end the bike looks tits and it will be joy and a pleasure to ride. hopefully you can work out a deal with the seller (Dealer in your case) and i am very glad you came here for information and also the members of this forum that have helped you point out a couple of things about your soon to yours Speed Triple R which otherwise you probably would have never noticed.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links