Hello from NH!

Thread: Hello from NH!

Member #

Hello from NH!

Hi,

History: Previously a 99 Honda Superhawk rider. took a CBR300R for a spin since Feburary to try and get my MPGs up for my daily commute 40miles, sure it was great getting the 70mpg but damn the topend and pickup were slugs... i weigh 220lbs.

Today: Picked up this guy a few towns over into Maine. 2000 Speed Triple 955I . 27k on the odo although i just snapped the speedo cable after a STRONG pull oops. I plan on swapping sprockets -1 +3 for some in town fun. This doesn't seem like a constant highway device but if I'm running late for work it fits the spot. I like having my torque back.

After riding around for a bit I found the one of the front forks has a light seal leak. Is it worth a trip to the shop or is it a DIY kinda thing?

Attached Images Attached Images

The "Friends" of Officer Frank Poncherello 2doggs's Avatar
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Braxsus View Post
    After riding around for a bit I found the one of the front forks has a light seal leak. Is it worth a trip to the shop or is it a DIY kinda thing?
    I know someone here who used menstrual pads to help with the leak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Originally Posted by m4ppy
    I have always ridden Aprilias and Ducati bikes, but after years of failing electrics and parts failing off I moved over to Triumph.

Member #
    Congrats on the Speedy! I actually rebuilt the forks on another bike a few years ago. Friends asked me why I bothered. There's a shop in MA that specializes:

https://www.computrackboston.com/

If you just want to pull the forks yourself and drop them off, that's fine and you will save money. If you ride the bike there, they will tune the suspension to your weight and requirements. Some people say that getting the suspension tuned is better than the factory Olins setup on a new bike. YMMV. The disclaimer is that I've never actually been there myself. The guy that told me about them thought they were pretty good. Good luck. Ride safe!
    Last edited by randy1200; 08-20-2019 at 07:14 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheSpeedTriple.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Thanks Randy. Nice looking place but for $300+ I'll find the seals and do the labor myself. I know a few people but their schedules are tight so I'll be watching and feeling for bad sensations.

Sponsored Links