New member in the USA 15 Speed triple ABS 4800 Miles
    Member #

New member in the USA 15 Speed triple ABS 4800 Miles

Hi Everyone, New to the forum but my main reason for making an account was to see what everyone is doing for mods on their triples.

Looking into:
    *Aftermarket windscreen to improve highway riding
    *Removable tour packs
    *Quickshifter
    *is it possible to fit actual cruise control (not throttle lock )

I appreciate anyones input if you have any!

Thanks Everyone,
    Sklama

The "Friends" of Officer Frank Poncherello 2doggs's Avatar
    Member #
    In my opinion no windscreen on the market helps. Primarily cosmetic. Itís a naked bike after all.

Never used a quick shifter. Some here have installed them and like them.

Touring bags may require a low mount exhaust if you donít have one installed. The dual high mounts will ignite your bags. I know from experience.

Unsure about cruise control. Some of the old timers here use an O-ring wedged between the throttle grip and bar end.

This isnít a touring motorcycle, but many of us have toured on them. It can be done but you will have to sacrifice some comforts because....it is a naked bike after all.

Now how about some pics of the bike?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Originally Posted by m4ppy
    I have always ridden Aprilias and Ducati bikes, but after years of failing electrics and parts failing off I moved over to Triumph.

Member #
    Thanks for the response. It’s tough because it’s very obviously not meant for touring but i do often find myself on long trips so anything I can do to gain the advantage without taking away from to beauty of the bike too much ... cruise control is really what I’m looking into because a year later they added that option and I’m curious if those kits can be retrofitted. Pics of the bike attached. (Sc project exhaust).

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheSpeedTriple.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Nice speedy...
    -you only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...

Member #
    The 2016 had updated throttle by wire, but the 2015 is old school cable, I use my Kaoko throttle lock every now and again, it does come in handy to relieve the hand on the long rides.

Member #
    Those SCís look awesome!

Member #
    So that’s the catch is the throttle by wire... makes sense. She sure is pretty haha even better with the sc project stickers on the exhaust I’ll post one. They honestly sound the best in my opinion and I’m not a fan of having the same parts as everyone else... it is sad that the wind screens don’t help much as I wouldn’t add one for looks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Della33 View Post
    The 2016 had updated throttle by wire, but the 2015 is old school cable, I use my Kaoko throttle lock every now and again, it does come in handy to relieve the hand on the long rides.
    I just so happen to have one for sale, check my For Sale post. Mine's from an '07, you'd have to check the fitment on the Kaoko web site. They are pricey but good kit.

Sponsored Links