99' Speed Triple 955i Turbo Build - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 46chief View Post
    5 or 6 head gaskets would exceed the price of the bike. Well what I paid for mine anyway. Seems kind of dumb especially considering consistent torque on the bolts would be difficult.
    I will have to have a custom gasket made so I can get the compression ratio I want. And much more dependable than stacking gaskets.

Member #
    Soooooo. Things have gotten a little more off track.

first. The Bonneville motorcycle speed Trials, BMST, has been cancelled for 2020. ITs really the AMA that cancelled it, For good reason. There are quite a few international participants to the event. and with things being uncertain, they didn't want to hold an event where: 1) i could be cancelled closer to the event because of another spike in cases of Covid, and participants would have to go through the pain in the butt task of cancelling their plans, or 2) the event goes on, and some participants cant attend due to event in their own countries.
    It makes perfect sense, and I agree with the cancellation.....Although I hate it!
    I wanna go fast!

I am still building the bike though. My plan was to build the bike to race, then detune a little and make it into a street bike again ( I love riding that Triple). But depending on how long it takes to complete the build, I may turn it into my street bike now, then retune to race next year.
    The engine portion of the build is taking a very long time, because the companies that do things like the micro-polishing are either closed now, or running a skeleton crew and way backed up.
    Since there is no rush now, I am going to take the longer time frame to focus on having all work done local, instead of shipping it to other places that may be able to finish the job faster.
    We have some great shops here in Okc, and wanna give them my business.

One little move forward.
    My frame is powder coated:

And I have my new Triple tree for the front end swap. I am currently polishing it, and will get a shot with it mounted.

And an added bonus, here is a meme that had me laughing waaaayyyy too long.

Attached Images Attached Images

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Sponsored Links