Parting out 2008 1050 Speed Triple
    Member #

Parting out 2008 1050 Speed Triple

Hello All,

I'm parting out a 2008 Speed Triple, and I have just about the whole thing. The finish on the forks is rough, but they work. No frame for sale, the VIN has been ground off. This bike was stolen from me in December of 2015, and was recovered by police in September of 2016, having been molested heavily. It had a Honda rear subframe and body work, Suzuki fuel tank, and Yamaha clip-ons (2mm too small...) and headlight.

I spent a year and a half slowly buying ebay parts to get her running again, but I've run out of time and out of money. I've purchased a far-inferior Victory Vegas 8 Ball, so I need to get rid of my darling in the garage. I have to face it that she and I are not to be together anymore.

~30k on the clock, ran great when the thief wrecked it and ran. He put it down on the stator side, so I bought a new side cover and a rick's stator to go under it. Found a straight rear subframe, complete with undertray and LED signals. found a used metal fuel tank and fuel pump with new gaskets and hardware. The wiring harness had been cut at the ignition switch, so it got a new (used) harness as well. Has a pair of handlebars from a Ducati Streetfighter with the absolute perfect bends for a Speed Triple. Just agressive and low enough, but they still clear the tank fine. Comp werks shorty exhaust without silencer.

Handlebar controls aren't in such great shape, or the master cylinder. They are both chinese amazon specials, and not worth what it would cost me to ship them to you. Find something better. No body work except the front fender, and its both rough and plasti-dipped.

The engine is in fantastic shape, and was well taken care of while it was in my care (I bought it at 8000 miles in 2012). Pulled hard, pulled straight, and was the most fun i've ever had with a vehicle involved. Would rather not tear into the motor, i'd like to sell it as a unit if someone needs one. Or put it on a kart frame...

If anyone needs parts, PM me or send a message to [email protected].

Member #
    Can't imagine having my baby stolen from me only to later have her returned hopelessly molested.

Interested in a part. PM sent

Member #
    Sucks for sure, do you by any chance have an ignition switch? I need one that'll fit an '01.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheSpeedTriple.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Do you have the factory front-right turn signal?

The "Friends" of Officer Frank Poncherello Chewie.'s Avatar
    Member #
    What is it with people who post up an ad like this....then don't bother to check back or respond to enquiries?
    John

"I haven't shot anybody since 1992...and even then I didn't do it!" - Mark 'Chopper' Read

Member #
    [QUOTE=Chewie.;715201]What is it with people who post up an ad like this....then don't bother to check back or respond to enquiries?[/QUOTE

Glad to hear I'm not alone.

Member #
    Interested in the headlight if it includes mounting hardware! Thinking about converting to single on mine anyways.

Sponsored Links