Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner

Who is interested in rearset adapters?

4K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  thefleshrocket 
#1 ·
I've been trying to get ahold of Racecomp to buy a set of the rearset adapters he mentioned were for sale a year or two ago, but haven't heard from him. Here's what they look like:

Tool Bicycle part Font Household hardware Auto part

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim Motorcycle accessories

I've been trying to find a local shop that will make them for me. Since something like this would probably be cheaper per unit if I had a batch made, I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in them. I don't have any pricing info yet, as I haven't even found anyone to make them.

Or, if you guys know of anywhere else I can get rearset adapters, please let me know.

See less See more
#2 ·
I just spoke to Racecomp....he has none of those adaptors at the moment and is not likely to make any more bike stuff in the near future as he is way too busy with his main occupation.

#5 ·
Actually, Chewie, would you mind asking Racecomp if he'd be willing to share the measurements? It would be a lot easier getting adapters made right the first time if I had more to go on than just a picture and my rearsets. I'm definitely not looking to cut in on his territory, just hoping to find another way to acquire his product if he's not selling them any more.

#10 ·
I heard back from the local shop this morning. If I can get five sets sold (including myself), I can sell them for $175 shipped to the continental US. (Other countries, calculate shipping from Carbondale, IL 62901, US to your location using either www.fedex.com, www.usps.com or www.ups.com. Include insurance and delivery confirmation, and add that total to the $175.). I can also do just a single set for myself, but that will cost me about $230.

If you are interested, Paypal a deposit of $50 to me. (Send me a PM and I'll reply with my Paypal email.) If I don't get enough interested parties for five adapter sets, the deposit will be refunded. (Or you can opt to buy a set at a higher price.) I'm kind of in a hurry to get a set but I'll wait one month, until July 8th, to get four more interested parties. If I don't have any interest at all in two weeks, June 22nd, I'll just order a set for myself at that point.

Or, if anyone else out there can get them made for cheaper and wants to take the reins on this project, feel free. I just want a set of adapters--not looking to profit or go into business selling them.

Thanks!

#11 · (Edited)
Since I haven't had any interest, I've been researching, trying to find something. It occurred to me that the adapters from adjustable rearsets might do the trick so I browsed for them trying to find some adapters that looked like they might be close. Then I found these: Rearset Rear set with Carbon Fiber Triumph Speed Triple 1050 Daytona 675 Gold | eBay The only thing that has me somewhat concerned is that the rearsets are listed as being compatible with the Speed Triple and the Daytona 675, and I thought the rearsets for those bikes weren't compatible with each other.

They're from China and I inherently hate most products from China because they're generally crap. But, on the other hand, I also hate getting ripped off by spending $500+ on a set of rearsets, so I am willing to give Chinese knock-offs a try. I hate getting ripped off even more than I hate buying imitation stuff from China.

Having one pair of custom rearset adapters will cost me $230, and I'll still be stuck with the stock pegs, which feel like they are covered in butter and teflon. For $270 shipped, I can get rearsets and pegs. My intent is to make the foot controls about an inch higher and forward compared to stock, and I figure I can flip over the rearset adapters to make it happen. They'll have to sit about half an inch farther out, but I don't think that will present a problem with ground clearance since they will be higher than stock.

Comments?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.