Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner

British bike with Chinese quality

6K views 32 replies 11 participants last post by  crashmasterd 
#1 · (Edited)
2007 speed triple with 15000 miles on it
Dumb coil plug design keep killing my spark plugs and coils.
First time five years ago coil was replaced by dealer (green coil) and they still installed coil with old style rubber dealership in Long Island NY [emoji35]

I think all Triumph owners should file a complain so Triumph make a recall for bikes with those old style coils.
I'm very disappointed with Triumph service in general [emoji1617]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#12 ·
Well, he is Australian.

#18 ·
Just a heads up
After changing spark plugs and sealing those coil gaskets with silicon

I start think how could so much water gets in there. I just couldn't believe that thru those seals that could happen
Whatever?! So I put it all together adjusted tps and throttle body etc
I ran a 12 min reset test, shut the the engine and try to start it back on... and surprise it want start and looks like a dead battery (the battery is new, I even put bigger one for this season 12ah)
So I went looking for the reason of this problem.
And a man told me he had a same issue on his S3 turns out the radiator cap was stuck. So it builds pressure in coolant system and for this reason it only starts when cools down a bit and the pressure is dropped
So now after founding that my cap was stuck too I believe that all that wet spark plugs was caused by coolant forced thru head gasket and it have not much to do with those coil seals
Now I hoping that after replace the cap and lowering the pressure to 16 psi I'll not need to change head gasket. But there is still a slight chance that maybe the starter is dead as well?!
And also while you reading this...
I want to thanks all people replying, commenting, posting video and info online.
God bless you all

#25 ·
After changing spark plugs and sealing those coil gaskets with silicon...

So I put it all together adjusted tps and throttle body etc...

I ran a 12 min reset test...
Hmmmm, you sure you didn't do anything that could effect starting other than change the radiator cap ??..

#19 ·
if indeed there is water being forced from the radiator pressure to your coils. then you sir got bigger problems than a faulty/bad design coil rubbers. there should be no connection between the 2. i had the bad plugs till recently and had ridden on the rain and wash the bike and never had that much corrosion on any of my spark wells. if your bike is perhaps smoking a little and your coolant level is going down .. then you have some head gasket problems .. which is not a very common thing with these engines

#23 ·
No it's not smoking or anything... and coolant level was low because engine was constantly boiled.
I found that rubber on radiator cap was melted down and valves was stuck. Last night I cleared all out and left bike running for half hour and after cutting off it's starts like dream. So so far problem solved
I put coils on silicon now so there's now way water can get there from outside, so I'll open it again in few weeks just to see if there any moister there

#33 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.