Shifting bliss! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shifting bliss!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by SPEEDTRIPPER View Post
    MMMM, first sort the stand !!!
    True, I'm not really in a position to be throwing down $300+ on a quickshifter right now anyway. However, I must say that I feel a lot more confident in the metal washer wedged in the pivot than I do any relatively easy spring relocation options I've looked into. Took the bike on a 4 hour ride the other day, side stand held perfectly in the up position. I've put Loctite on the sidestand bolt to keep anything from loosening up. With the washer set up I at least don't have to worry about anything outright failing that would cause the side stand to suddenly go down like I might with some spring options, especially with the position limitations of the stock spring. At anything close to it's current tightness, I don't see any way it can come down on it's own.
    Last edited by Bryanc123; 11-08-2018 at 04:47 PM.

Member #
    Hope your right!!!, Being spread over the black stuff like strawberry jam ain't a good look!!!

Member #
    Hope your right!!!, Being spread over the black stuff like strawberry jam ain't a good look!!!
    When it's my own butt on the line I have to be pretty confident it's going to work even consider it. If you saw how hard the sidestand is to move you'd know what I mean.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheSpeedTriple.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Yeah I can't really talk, I've done plenty of suss shit over the years just to stay on the road! I mean you've gotta have a bike available at any given time life's too short.

Member #
    Yeah I can't really talk, I've done plenty of suss shit over the years just to stay on the road! I mean you've gotta have a bike available at any given time life's too short.
    Yep. Ride to live, live to ride. A day I don't get to ride is a bad day. For me, reverse shift makes those good days even better.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryanc123 View Post
    Yep. Ride to live, live to ride. A day I don't get to ride is a bad day. For me, reverse shift makes those good days even better.

Any day on two wheels is a good one, as long as the roads not straight!!! I've been riding the best part of 50 years, everything from Motocross to Sporstbikes and trackdays.
    It's an addiction, anyone who hasn't ridden hasn't got a clue!!! Even being taken out big time by a drunk driver at 18 and throwing myself on the ground a couple of times over the years
    hasn't cured it!!!

Member #
    Any day on two wheels is a good one, as long as the roads not straight!!! I've been riding the best part of 50 years, everything from Motocross to Sporstbikes and trackdays.
    It's an addiction, anyone who hasn't ridden hasn't got a clue!!! Even being taken out big time by a drunk driver at 18 and throwing myself on the ground a couple of times over the years
    hasn't cured it!!!

I wish I could say I'd thrown myself down the road a couple of times over the years. I crashed about 10 times my first 2 years roadracing. Some of it was being on relatively unforgiving bikes with bias ply tires (RZ350,FZR600), but a lot of it had to do with the fact I was a young and way over anxious teenager. Fortunately, my tendency for crashing has reduced a lot since then or I probably wouldn't still be alive.

Member #
    I wish I could say I'd thrown myself down the road a couple of times over the years. I crashed about 10 times my first 2 years roadracing. Some of it was being on relatively unforgiving bikes with bias ply tires (RZ350,FZR600), but a lot of it had to do with the fact I was a young and way over anxious teenager. Fortunately, my tendency for crashing has reduced a lot since then or I probably wouldn't still be alive.
    You've gotta find the limit, luckily I spent my first few years on the dirt which I'd highly recommend!. That and surviving the attempt on my life by the drunk driver gave me the attitude "Everyones out to kill you" on the road,
    which has kept me alive the last 40 years. And radial tyres!.

Member #
    You've gotta find the limit, luckily I spent my first few years on the dirt which I'd highly recommend!. That and surviving the attempt on my life by the drunk driver gave me the attitude "Everyones out to kill you" on the road,
    which has kept me alive the last 40 years. And radial tyres!.

I did the motocross thing a bit before the roadracing, but never got nearly as far ability wise. Most of my dirt experience came later on xr100's setup for flat tracking. Was fortunate to be able to attend the first American Supercamp with guest instructors Chris Carr and Colin Edwards, Chris is a super cool and down to earth guy, Edwards at that time was a total arrogant duche. Those bikes can teach you everything you need to know about riding at and slightly beyond the limit.
    Last edited by Bryanc123; 11-10-2018 at 08:00 PM.

Member #
    I did the motocross thing a bit before the roadracing, but never got nearly as far ability wise. Most of my dirt experience came later on xr100's setup for flat tracking. Was fortunate to be able to attend the first American Supercamp with guest instructors Chris Carr and Colin Edwards, Chris is a super cool and down to earth guy, Edwards at that time was a total arrogant duche. Those bikes can teach you everything you need to know about riding at and slightly beyond the limit.
    Yeah getting sideways on the dirt is a good feeling, and teaches excellent bike control! Getting sideways on the blacktop is cool too but heaps less forgiving if you get it wrong!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links