2007 w/ 71k miles good deal for buy?
    Member #

2007 w/ 71k miles good deal for buy?

I came across a 2007 Speed Triple for sale for $2500. From the pictures it looks like it has aftermarket handle bars, new tires, and an arrow exhaust; doesn't look like any cosmetic damage. The catch is that it has 71k miles. I haven't contacted the owner but what are some questions or things I should be looking for on the bike?? I'm wondering if this is too high of mileage for it to be worth purchasing, or if I could talk him down even more on the price and get a really good deal.
    Thank You!

Member #
    If your heart says yes then buy it it's only $2500, if it's the high level system then the arrow exhaust would set you back around $1200. Look for the usual signs of abuse, loose headstock, worn disks, stretched chain worn sprockets, unusual knocks or rattles (loads of youtube vids of 07 speedy to give an idea of how they sound). If it has been looked after then 71k for a 12 year old bike is not that high, that's around 6k per year. Always worth trying to get a better price, nothing to loose by trying. Good luck.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by nicka02 View Post
    I came across a 2007 Speed Triple for sale for $2500. From the pictures it looks like it has aftermarket handle bars, new tires, and an arrow exhaust; doesn't look like any cosmetic damage. The catch is that it has 71k miles. I haven't contacted the owner but what are some questions or things I should be looking for on the bike?? I'm wondering if this is too high of mileage for it to be worth purchasing, or if I could talk him down even more on the price and get a really good deal.
    Thank You!
    Don't know what that is in English pounds,but mine was £1700,with high miles,and is still sweet.59kmiles
    NOT SO MEAN NOT SO LEAN EX MAROON MACHINE!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheSpeedTriple.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottdog View Post
    If your heart says yes then buy it it's only $2500, if it's the high level system then the arrow exhaust would set you back around $1200. Look for the usual signs of abuse, loose headstock, worn disks, stretched chain worn sprockets, unusual knocks or rattles (loads of youtube vids of 07 speedy to give an idea of how they sound). If it has been looked after then 71k for a 12 year old bike is not that high, that's around 6k per year. Always worth trying to get a better price, nothing to loose by trying. Good luck.
    I talked a bit with the owner, and he said he put 5k miles on it since he has owned it, the rest was from the previous owner. He also says he's never dropped it but he says he's pretty sure its been laid down due to the scratches on the lower part of the engine case. Says it runs fine, just put on new tires, and does all his oil changes. My guess is that he's trying to sell it because he's military and is leaving soon. I think I'll make an arrangement to go check it out soon.

Member #

Member #
    Nice looking bike, especially for the price. If it's anywhere near as good mechanically I would think it would be a great deal at $2500, but the fact he's looking to unload it in a timely manner is a good thing for you. Judging from the scratches, I doubt it was a very hard lay down. I had a minor spinout on black ice a while back that put much worse scratches on the case than that. Only having two owners over that many miles is a good sign for how it's been looked after, as are the cosmetics in the pictures.
    Last edited by Bryanc123; 04-15-2019 at 01:48 AM.

Sponsored Links