Is the FH020AA R/R still the preferred one?
    Citation of the Wrench and Nutdriver sprinklerhead's Avatar
    Member #

Is the FH020AA R/R still the preferred one?

I knew I should have changed out my R/R when I upgraded my stator last year, but it’s finally died on me. I was already running a FH020AA since long before my stock stator finally burned out, and just hoped to get lucky. Going to order another one unless there’s something better on the market now. Thanks
    05 Speed Triple and an oil cooled GSXR 1100.

Member #
    The Compufire r/r seems to be the preference for prolonging the life of the stator.https://www.triumphrat.net/threads/c...4/post-1653685

You'll have to do some plug swapping to install it. The kit I got came with the shell for the wiring harness side of the plug, but not the connecting pins.

I ended up soldering the connecting plug from my old r/r onto the new one. A better option would be to get the pins for the new plug shell and replace the old plug on the wiring harness.

I wasn't confident that I could solder within the confines of the bike frame without burning other important stuff and I didn't want to start fishing the harness out of the frame, so I chose the easier route.

Sorry for the ugly link.
    2006 Speed Triple

The "Friends" of Officer Frank Poncherello dr_gallup's Avatar
    Member #
    The FH020AA is a mosfet RR which will run cooler and is more reliable than the stock RR but won't do anything to increase the life of the stator. You want a series RR which greatly reduces the power and heat dissipation in the stator. I used a Shindengen SH847, no problems since.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheSpeedTriple.com
    Advertisements

The "Friends" of Officer Frank Poncherello Night Train's Avatar
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_gallup View Post
    The FH020AA is a mosfet RR which will run cooler and is more reliable than the stock RR but won't do anything to increase the life of the stator. You want a series RR which greatly reduces the power and heat dissipation in the stator. I used a Shindengen SH847, no problems since.
    I agree with this. I had the Compufire and it left me stranded. I got the SH847 and had no problems after that.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Ride with confidence. Not your ego.
    "on a more serious note, how come reporters in Alabama don't speak with a "twang" and say stuff like "y'all see wut that there foo' done?" " Teemstah

"I have determined that all women are soul leeches..." Crashmasterd 2012

"Hey, for some reason I pictured you on a bigger bike!" Said all too often

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_gallup View Post
    Where are you guys sourcing your R/R's? I recently bought 2 from roadstercycle.com for my 01 and 02 VFR's. I guess I should check there as well, unless there are other places.

The "Friends" of Officer Frank Poncherello dr_gallup's Avatar
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Jelorian View Post
    Where are you guys sourcing your R/R's? I recently bought 2 from roadstercycle.com for my 01 and 02 VFR's. I guess I should check there as well, unless there are other places.
    That's where I got mine.

Sponsored Links