Arrow High - Modified Baffles - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Citation of the Wrench and Nutdriver CaptTriple's Avatar
    Member #
    i dont think removing the baffles warrants a new tune...however, i would suggest trying some of the aftermarket tunes on here if you can find one for a 15

Member #
    Thanks for the reply!!
    I was thinking of cutting the baffles down also, to just drop the db a bit, so its good to hear it's been done before and doesn't need anything else much to be done.
    Thanks again!!

Member #
    Been searching....who on here has the so called $10 ecu wire and where can I do my own tune, not really willing to pay the dealer excess amount of money if I don't need to....any takers? thanks

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheSpeedTriple.com
    Advertisements

The "Friends" of Officer Frank Poncherello Joe Houle's Avatar
    Member #
    If you feel like riding up to Fayetteville, I'll square you away
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryanc123 View Post
    Speedtriple.com is like motorcycles meets Monte Python from what I've seen, you either get it or you don't.

Member #
    I got it from here - USB Cable for Triumph Motorcycles Tuneecu | eBay but its $20

The $10 cables seem to be hit or miss depending on if they have the right chip. Someone might be able to link you one that worked.

Citation of the Wrench and Nutdriver CaptTriple's Avatar
    Member #
    Ordered mine from Amazon (Prime shipping) for $20.

Citation of the Wrench and Nutdriver feejer2ST3's Avatar
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Johny2bikes View Post
    Hello...
    I have a 2015 R with the high arrows and also experimented with taking the baffles out. Do you know if you need a different fueling map if you leave the baffles out?
    I know triumph load a new map when changing from stock to arrow in the first place, but I have never known if you need a different map after removing the baffles. Most the info I have found relates to the single 3 to 1.
    Thanks for any help..
    Don't think its gonna matter that much. If you have the arrow high map in there and pull out the baffles you may not even notice a difference. Someone else on here who has actually tried this will hopefully chime in. The good part is that its not that hard to try and reverse the process if need be.
    Why do they call it rush hour when nothing moves?
    -Mork

1968 Montgomery Wards Benelli (Don't laugh!)
    1982 Kawasaki GPZ750
    1988 Honda Hurricane
    2002 Honda XR400R
    2004 Suzuki GSXR-600
    2010 Yamaha FJR1300
    2014 Triumph Speed Triple R

The "Friends" of Officer Frank Poncherello 2doggs's Avatar
    Member #
    I had SC Project dual high mounts with the arrow high mount tune. I noticed no difference in having baffles in or out.

Sent from my butthole using Tapatalk
    Originally Posted by m4ppy
    I have always ridden Aprilias and Ducati bikes, but after years of failing electrics and parts failing off I moved over to Triumph.

Member #
    Hey all,

I've had the same questions, so I contacted Triumph about it and this is the response I received. Hope this helps. Feel free to cut and post this on other sites with the same question.

Cheers,

Barrett

To: [email protected]
    Subject: [EXTERNAL] 2019 Speed RS exhaust question

“Stainless steel half system featuring a pair of lightweight titanium wrap bespoke silencers. This custom Triumph accessory features carbon fiber end caps, integral mounting brackets for a clean look and removable dB killers. Offers a reduction in weight over OE exhaust system. This is the ultimate roadster exhaust option for your Speed Triple, complete with factory engine tune to ensure optimum performance.”

Hello from Canada!!,

I just bought a 2019 Speed Triple RS with 0 kms on it. The RS is fitted with the Arrow half exhaust. I have been researching for days to find the answers to a few questions and would feel most comfortable getting the answers from you, instead of a dealership, especially since this could affect my motorcycle in a negative way. This is my third Triumph, but I’ve never considered this before.

There are many differing opinions on blogs, forums and technical sites, so I have come away confused…

Questions:

The RS comes “complete with factory engine tune to ensure optimum performance” for the Arrows. Is the tune geared towards the baffles IN or OUT, or does the ECU compensate?

If the baffles are removed from the RS, does this affect ANYTHING (loss of torque, back pressure, gain in HP) positively or negatively, other than volume and tone of the exhaust note?

If the baffles are removed from the RS, is there another map needed/required/available for the bike?

If the baffles are removed, will the gas mileage be affected?

If the baffles are removed, will the reliability or longevity of ANY part of the motorcycle be compromised?

If the baffles are to be removed, should this be done before, during or after proper break in?

If the baffles are removed, will the bike run lean or run sub optimally?

My first thoughts are that Triumph has taken all this into consideration; and because the description for the Arrows include the detail of the dB killers being removable (and there is NO mention of any mapping or alterations required), that there is no worry of removing them and running the bike. BUT, I’d like the reassurance of a Triumph tech or engineer or professional that this is the case. I do NOT want to compromise my bike at all.

I hope I don’t seem aggressive or unreasonable, but I am quite confused with all the conflicting information and want a straight answer from the source… thanks for your time.

Be safe and take good care,

Barrett

Hi Barrett,

Please see the below answers in RED to your inquiries.

The RS comes “complete with factory engine tune to ensure optimum performance for the Arrows.

Is the tune geared towards the baffles IN or OUT, or does the ECU compensate?
    The baffles have little effect on fuel mapping and the ECU is able to compensate for this easily.

If the baffles are removed from the RS, does this affect ANYTHING (loss of torque, back pressure, gain in HP) positively or negatively, other than volume and tone of the exhaust note?
    Again this will effect very little as far as performance, you may notice a slight/very slight decrease in tourque with the loss of backpressure.

If the baffles are removed from the RS, is there another map needed/required/available for the bike?
    No
    If the baffles are removed, will the gas mileage be affected?
    No

If the baffles are removed, will the reliability or longevity of ANY part of the motorcycle be compromised?
    No

If the baffles are to be removed, should this be done before, during or after proper break in?
    The baffles have no effect on the break in of the unit.

If the baffles are removed, will the bike run lean or run sub optimally?
    No

Thank you
    Triumph Motorcycles America

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links