Retro fit round headlights
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #

Retro fit round headlights

Hi guys,

just a quick question for anyone that may know.

Im going to retrofit a set of round headlights to my 2012 1050 once Iíve found a pair.

on inspection, it looks very much like they have an extremely similar round centre mount. Is it as simple as removing the existing lights and mounting the round ones? Iím aware I may need to modify the wiring which is fine, Iím pretty handy with the scanners.

i just wondered what peopleís experiences with this have been.

thanks all.

The "Friends" of Officer Frank Poncherello Chewie.'s Avatar
    Member #
    From what I've heard it is pretty easy......some guys have found others with earlier (round-eye) models who wanted to swap.
    John

"I haven't shot anybody since 1992...and even then I didn't do it!" - Mark 'Chopper' Read

Member #
    Yeh I’m thinking it’s pretty straight forward looking at the units off bikes.

trawling the wreckers etc for a set now... Watch this space!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheSpeedTriple.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Well, to say I’m happy is a mild understatement.
    i picked up my stunning 94R yesterday and immediately set to work on the headlight bezels and tail tidy.. I reckon they look great and, I’m going to scrap the round light conversion... at least for now

Member #
    Straight swap. No dramas at all.

Member #
    Cheers Taff..

Member #
    I can only guess you're looking at form over function if you go ahead with the conversion. The lights on the early S3's are completely shite. If you're planning not to ride when the sun goes down or be even more invisible during the day then the round lights are great. I have gone with LEDs in my 05 S3 it was a big improvement but have discovered that this could cause the R&R and stator to overheat and kill my bike, so need to upgrade them. Even if I put the original lights back in the problem with the R&R is a common fault and should be replaced anyway. I think Triumph sorted their shit out and fixed the problem by the 08+ models. Your bike looks great as it is.

Member #
    I retro fitted the round lights on mine so I could upgrade to 5 1/4" round cibie lenses.
    I agree the original round lights are shyte but so are the diagonal ones and you cant upgrade them.
    Nowadays LED is probably the best light you can get but a good beam is all in the quality of the reflector and lens, not the bulb.
    Taff

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    I retro fitted the round lights on mine so I could upgrade to 5 1/4" round cibie lenses.
    I agree the original round lights are shyte but so are the diagonal ones and you cant upgrade them.
    Nowadays LED is probably the best light you can get but a good beam is all in the quality of the reflector and lens, not the bulb.
    Taff
    Yeh, that was my train of thought, swap to round, powder coat black and then fit the Motodemic set but holy god they’re a bit pricey!

Member #
    When I did it leds were only available as 7”. Must revisit this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links