2011+ speed triple sound vs pre 2011
    Member #

2011+ speed triple sound vs pre 2011

Iím looking for a speed triple and I have ridden a 2011 plus bike a while before. It left a yearning for one ever since but Iím trying to keep toy costs down. Iím considering the 2010 and older models. I can deal with the older tech but is the sound different? I want that growl when you get on it and wring it out. Itís very exciting. I really dislike the sounds of an inline 4 bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SJTrance; 06-03-2020 at 09:21 PM.

The "Friends" of Officer Frank Poncherello dr_gallup's Avatar
    Member #
    I don't think there is any sound difference other than the particular exhaust fitted. A lot of people fit a single low shorty exhaust partly because they are less expensive but I like the high dual exhaust sound but with light weight straight thru cans.
    Last edited by dr_gallup; 06-04-2020 at 04:16 PM.

Member #
    Thatís good to know.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheSpeedTriple.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    I've got a 2010 Special Edition (John Bloor) Speed Triple with a Competition Werkes low pipe, and the only bike I've heard that sounds better is the 2018 Aprilia Tuono Factory V4 I picked up 2 weeks ago and fitted with an SC Project low pipe. Thunder indeed.

Member #
    Iíve had some good time on a Tuono 1100 recently. Such music to my ears. Iíve always liked my old Ducati Supersport and Streetfighter S too. Iíve only heard Speedies revving in parking lots and I was never impressed. It wasnít until I saw a few videos and heard how they sound on power. Iím sure that the real life rising experience would be much better.

Sponsored Links