'13 Lowering Link kit and Suspension/fork Adjustment, and Rider Sag.
    Member #

'13 Lowering Link kit and Suspension/fork Adjustment, and Rider Sag.

I'm going to want to expand on this thread after I get more replies and discussion going.
    My aim is to connect to other vertically challenged rides..

So I got a Soupy's Kit and It's being installed at the shop now. I went to check it out today and I'm disappointed of how little difference it made for me. Though I am not really trying to be excessive on the lowering link. My Mechanic told me that the front forks are tapered and he couldn't lower it any more than he already adjusted because it will get caught on something because of its taper.. Is this true?

And If so.. would it be okay to mess up the geometry a little bit and adjust the rear link to be lowered more than the front fork is lowered?

I forgot to talk to him about adjusting the suspension and rider sag to suit my weight. The previous rider was a big dude and for sure weighted more. I noticed the lock rings for the rear suspension were adjusted to be more compressed and lower. Would that have added to the seat height? Should I get him to adjust it? does that take a lot of time?

Thanks!

The "Friends" of Officer Frank Poncherello dr_gallup's Avatar
    Member #
    Being able to put 2 feet on the ground is greatly over rated.

The "Friends" of Officer Frank Poncherello Chewie.'s Avatar
    Member #
    If you drop it down all round, don't forget to shorten the side stand.
    John

"I haven't shot anybody since 1992...and even then I didn't do it!" - Mark 'Chopper' Read

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheSpeedTriple.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicariously View Post
    I'm going to want to expand on this thread after I get more replies and discussion going.
    My aim is to connect to other vertically challenged rides..

So I got a Soupy's Kit and It's being installed at the shop now. I went to check it out today and I'm disappointed of how little difference it made for me. Though I am not really trying to be excessive on the lowering link. My Mechanic told me that the front forks are tapered and he couldn't lower it any more than he already adjusted because it will get caught on something because of its taper.. Is this true?

And If so.. would it be okay to mess up the geometry a little bit and adjust the rear link to be lowered more than the front fork is lowered?

I forgot to talk to him about adjusting the suspension and rider sag to suit my weight. The previous rider was a big dude and for sure weighted more. I noticed the lock rings for the rear suspension were adjusted to be more compressed and lower. Would that have added to the seat height? Should I get him to adjust it? does that take a lot of time?

Thanks!

The outer fork tubes have a tappered section between the areas where the triple clamps clamp onto. So it limits how far you can raise the tubes in the clamps.
    You won't know the height the bike will sit with you aboard until the suspension sag is set.
    I like 39mm front & 29mm rear. That's measured from full extension [wheel off the ground] to where it sags with you on the bike.

Member #
    The very first thing you should do is set the sag
    you can lower the back more than the front but it will turn slower and be less precise in th corners
    if both of those are not enough soften up the preload high speed handling will suffer but it will drop the bike
    simply do not ride excessively hard until you have had tine to evaluate the differenced any suspension adjust meant s make

Member #
    If you lower the back more than the front, it won't just turn slower and be less precise, it will ride like a pig!

Sponsored Links