Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner

California super bike school: Barber 2016

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Dubai Speedy 
#1 ·
I got a sweet opportunity to go to a one day California Superbike School. I picked Barber which should come up in May next year again. Anyone else been to a CSS or plan on going to one?

#2 ·
If you can afford to blow the money, or better yet go for FREE. Than do it.

IMO, taking the same amount of cash and buying 13 track days do the track days in novice will get you more.
The school is great, would love to do it.
This weekend two of there student's followed me in novice learning the ropes I gleaned doing the dozen track days. It's practice, and practice will always beat one day of training.

OH, I'm reading another of Keith's books now.

#4 · (Edited)
I'm going to disagree on this one.

If we're striclty talking novice riders, then I think you have a point and I'd agree. But for advanced group riders and racers, I would disagree.

I had trouble getting my lap times down despite consecutive track days at the same track in the same direction. I did the Jason Pridmore star school and I smashed through my old PR.

The one on one instruction can be an invaluable asset if used well. Just my 2¢.

#3 ·
I 100% agree with tracktime beats any one day school. Lucky for me BMW is covering the whole trip. If I could afford it I wouldn't be racing a sv650 with 3 weekends per set of tires lol.

#10 ·
Have to agree with Rachel here. This is true with any sport. Skiing, snowboarding, freediving ..etc, etc. No amount of practice /repetition will help you to get better if you keep on doing things the wrong way.
A few adjustments, tips, pointers from a good instructor, would make a world of difference.

#14 ·
Is spent 25 year riding before I did a CSS class, level 1, I did level 2 twice and now on level 4 personnel coach. Why I waited 25 year I cannot explain, last time out on the 1 st corner I had another gear not a few km/h a full gear on the RSV Aprilia after this no pesky 600 track bike could pass.

Convinced the BMW club to even take their GS's on the track, all good.

I will agree that a few track days to feel comfortable on a track is a good idea, and for the experienced to practice what we were taught.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.