Help with a electric problem
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #

Help with a electric problem

Hi!

My name is Daniel and i live in sweden. I recently bought a projekt to finnish. It is a 955i daytona with 1050 2005 speed triple motor in it.
    And i have a couple of questions:

1. Can i use 955i injectors? (harness and ecu from 2005 1050)
    2. I have the Throttlebody fromm the 955i and i am missing the stepper motor on that. Can i go without it? Or should i get the 1050 throttlebody?
    3. If i can use the injectors, is it ok to have the rail with the in and out line of the fuel.
    4. I am missing the Purge valve and the system, can i go without it? (i have read that people are removing it) Do i need to "blank out" the connector? (To not generate a code?)

Tnx!!

//Daniel

Member #
    Hi Daniel, and welcome to the site, what is the year of the daytona chassis, and do you have the ecu to suit the 1050 sp3 engine ?

The "Friends" of Officer Frank Poncherello dr_gallup's Avatar
    Member #
    I suspect you will have problems if you mix & match ECU & injectors. They have quite different characteristics beyond flow rates and there are all kind of factors in the tune (voltage corrections, temperature corrections, etc.) that are way beyond the average tuner. Not to mention just getting a baseline map that would be close enough to even run well enough to put it on a dyno could be quite a problem. I designed the 955i injectors and while no expert on the ECU's I have some first hand experience trying to make a map from scratch. We once fuel injected a Yamaha YZF 450 MX bike as a proof of concept for Canondale back when they were trying to to break into the motorcycle market. We got the basic map dialed in on the dyno but when we took it out to ride the temperature and altitude compensation were so so far out we never even got it started. Fortunately I had my CR500R along so the day wasn't a total loss.

You can do a canister delete. All you have to do is turn it off in the map. Good luck with your project.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheSpeedTriple.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Hi!

I have the harness and ECU and motor from the same MC. I have just ordered a throttlebody that matches the 1050. So i wonder if i can leave the 955 injectors in place only so i can hear if the motor runs, then i can spenad a few bucks more

//Daniel

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by brittrip View Post
    Hi Daniel, and welcome to the site, what is the year of the daytona chassis, and do you have the ecu to suit the 1050 sp3 engine ?
    Thanks! it is ab 1999 Daytona 955i chassi, and the ECU and harness and engine is from a 1050 speed triple 2005.

//Danny

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannes77 View Post
    Hi!

I have the harness and ECU and motor from the same MC. I have just ordered a throttlebody that matches the 1050. So i wonder if i can leave the 955 injectors in place only so i can hear if the motor runs, then i can spenad a few bucks more

//Daniel
    Pretty sure the electrical connectors are both Amp mini-timer and the lengths and o-ring sealing diameters top and bottom are the same so physically everything is interchangeable. Might have to use some throttle blipping to keep it running.

Member #
    Hi

I have decided to order a injector bridge and TB so its going to be spot on. BUT i have read this on another forum:

Because the 1050 fuel rail has no return fuel line back to the tank, you
    will have to use 2 brass tee joints to bypass the fuel intake and allow
    the fuel regulator to function from the pressure in the outgoing line
    instead of the now defunct return line. This allows the new throttle
    body to be used.

I think i am stupid or dont just understand Can somebody make me a simple drawing how to connect my daytona tank to 1050 rail?
    Tnx alot!

Regards Daniel

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannes77 View Post
    Hi

I have decided to order a injector bridge and TB so its going to be spot on.
    I have no idea what you mean by this

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_gallup View Post
    I have no idea what you mean by this
    I think he means Fuel Rail and Throttle Body.

Member #
    Hi!

Yes! i am sorry for my bad english, still learning the rigth terms for everything.
    I have ordered the matching fuel rail, injectors and throttlebody for the 1050.

And now i need som guidens to how i should connect the fuel from a daytona fuel tank to a fuelrail with only one connection.

Again, sorry for my bad english.

Regards Daniel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links