TOD - Review - Page 2
Page 2 of 86 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: TOD - Review

The "Friends" of Officer Frank Poncherello Joe Houle's Avatar
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparti View Post

Does anyone have the dyno maps for the tune - I'd be interested in seeing how it makes it's power etc.
    https://www.thespeedtriple.com/forum/...98-smooth.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bryanc123 View Post
    Speedtriple.com is like motorcycles meets Monte Python from what I've seen, you either get it or you don't.

Member #
    And ofcourse here is a video of it being born..

Speedtriple.com is like motorcycles meets Monte Python from what I've seen, you either get it or you don't.

The "Friends" of Officer Frank Poncherello Avi8or's Avatar
    Member #
    As I said before, this map, whilst showing a significant increase in Joe's bike, might NOT be ideal in others.

Before you download the map find your local friendly dyno operator, (even a H*rl*y one would do). Do a few pulls with your original map to establish a baseline for power and torque, then load the TOD map and do a few more pulls and compare with your original figures. You might be surprised and not in a pleasant way. If power/torque is less anywhere compared to the stock map, this could be due to excessive ignition advance and will damage your engine.

I had a someone's good map in my bike, whilst MPG was down a bit, response was smooth as silk, however on a dyno this map turned lower figures than the stock map.

BTW butt dynos do not work!
    Last edited by Avi8or; 01-10-2012 at 01:12 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheSpeedTriple.com
    Advertisements

The "Friends" of Officer Frank Poncherello Sparti's Avatar
    Member #
    Is this tune for non SAI bikes? Anyone, Bueller, Anyone...

"The thing I like about bikes is that only people who like bikes are on them... Cars are full of people who don't care." James May

The "Friends" of Officer Frank Poncherello Bad Santa 1050's Avatar
    Member #
    Sparti - YHM.

The "Friends" of Officer Frank Poncherello Avi8or's Avatar
    Member #
    If you open up the map in TuneEcu you should see that the SAI box is ticked and the o2 sensor box is unticked.
    So I would assume that particular tune is for a SAI bike with no o2 sensor.

I wouldn't know if you untick and tick whether it would make the tune suitable for your bike.

Assuming you don't have SAI hardware on the bike if you load the map as is then you should get a (SAI) CEL.
    Clear the CEL untick the SAI checkbox and tick the o2 sensor box (if you have the o2 sensor installed) and reload the map. If the CEL does not come on then the tick box works, something which (old) Tuneboy couldn't do.
    Last edited by Avi8or; 01-10-2012 at 05:08 PM.

Member #
    With regards to the Dyno Graphs/Performance questions, and adding to Joe's response, because the Dyno which his bike was tuned on was NOT a Dynojet Dyno, the 111hp, his bike finished with is closer to 129.9hp if measured on a Dyno Jet dyno (111hp x 1.15) because DJ Dynos tend to read 15% higher due to their inherent corrections.
    Refer to : True Rear Wheel Horsepower for further details.
    Incidently my bike (Stock but Gutted Pipes, and a DNA Filter) initially made 114hp (DJ) = aprox 100hp on a dyno like the one Joe/Wayne used, and after being cutom mapped/tuned (With Micron Low Mount Pipe) made 125hp (DJ)= 108hp non DJ Dyno. With the performance increases I'm experiencing (I don't count butt dyno - particularly with TOD, cos if I went by feel, I would say it was making less power), and I'm measuring that by the higher speeds I'm reaching my braking points at and new top speeds for certain stretches of quiet road... I would be VERY surprised if it was not making more power and more torque - and more torque lower down.

Compare the shape of the power and torque curves of my Dyno Runs (Before and After) 1st, and then Joes TOD ones 2nd:
    (Due to the differences in dyno hp readings from the DJ Correction factors on the DJ Dyno used for my bike, and the lack of with non DJ Dyno used for Joe's, don't bother focusing on the numbers, just compare the shape and smoothness of the relevant curves.)

Not only does TOD look smoother - it FEELS MUCH, MUCH Smoother.

Yes, I know I keep repeating this, but it IS!

Member #
    And the "before" was a tune that was made by Wayne initially in about 95 degree heat, while it was raining. Not ideal conditions since his dyno was originally mounted in an enclosed trailer outside. After a thorough shake down, it was refined to the TOD, and was written at about 85 degrees at night with much less humidity. Once(if) Wayne Mc releases the 3x, I plan on doing an E85 conversion and getting even more ponies/tq. Only reason I'm holding off is because I want the ability to switch to an E10 tune if E85 isn't available at the station. The ECU does have the ability to store two tunes as-is(limp mode), the issue is triggering it on demand.

Member #
    To continue on with the reivew...

Yesterday, I rode to work, this time with a little extra time to fang up the old highway. With traffic non-existent, the sun out and weather hot, visibility great, and suicidal wildlife keeping to themselves in the bushland, decked out in leathers, I made rapid progress, and continued to surprise and amaze myself at the change and improvement at the performance.
    The smoother power delivery allowed quick acceleration to corner tip in points (noteably revised to do arriving at said corners between 10-15km/h (6-10mph), and then allowed both earlier and faster application of throttle/power upon exiting the corners with smoothness that only improved confidence. In similar conditions about a month ago, and whilst trying to push that hard, I had a couple of wake up calls as the rear tyre began to slide, enough to notice but not enough to cause grief. Yesterday, pushing the same pace, and then harder, there were no such moments, in fact it never once felt like the rear was close to making any un-commanded movements. What I did find was the front tyre lost about 4-5mm of it's chicken strips, because I was loading up the front end a lot more, due to the higher cornering speeds - something to watch out for, as it would spoil one's day to push the front too hard, due to the new found speed and confidence and go past the front tyre's limits resulting in some unplanned tarmace body surfing complete with use of rockwall and tree momentum stopping facilities... Again, Be warned the speed is deceptively fast.

From a practical perspective, the fuel economy seems quite good when not being used in anger. At freeway cruising pace (115km/h - 120km/h - approx 71-74mph) the live/instantaneous fuel consumption was reading between 4.9L/100km to 5.5L/100km (48mpg-41mpg) - note the average fuel consumption got shot to buggery with my knee dragging diversion up the old highway, with bursts up to 170 and 203km/h (105 & 125mph) and everything in between, any chances of a fuel economy record were blown out of the water. On the upside a hell of a lot of fun was had... I shall attempt to endeavour to commute sensibly for the rest of the week and and report back on fuel economy with sensible use and commuting.

Cheers.

Member #
    Ive got a tune, low m4 exhaust, sai, bmc airfilter, o2. My dyno run looks a helluvalot like joe's... Smooth.

Just lemme know if you need it.

Page 2 of 86 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links