Alright lads, give this one a try - Page 20
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
    The "Friends" of Officer Frank Poncherello Bad Santa 1050's Avatar
    Member #
    The tune does those things / makes those changes.

The tune should be much better suited to your new exhaust configuration than the stock tune.

Don't forget to post pics of your bike with the new pipe in your GPR Furore thread...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Santa 1050 View Post
    The tune does those things / makes those changes.

The tune should be much better suited to your new exhaust configuration than the stock tune.

Don't forget to post pics of your bike with the new pipe in your GPR Furore thread...

Thanks, mate!

Speed Adjust set to -5.9% to account for -1 countershaft sprocket

I dont have a -1 front sprocket! Do I need to remove that change in ECUtune to avoid making that change? Other than which I will be set? Have a friendly biker who has uploaded many tunes to his Tiger who may demonstrate the routine tomorrow morning and I am keen to get the Nixon map on there!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Lopan79 View Post
    Thanks, mate!

Speed Adjust set to -5.9% to account for -1 countershaft sprocket

I dont have a -1 front sprocket! Do I need to remove that change in ECUtune to avoid making that change? Other than which I will be set? Have a friendly biker who has uploaded many tunes to his Tiger who may demonstrate the routine tomorrow morning and I am keen to get the Nixon map on there!
    Just change the speedo correction manually, then save the tune as your own filename. Then install.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheSpeedTriple.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Met a Tiger owner who showed me the tune routine. Uploaded the Nixon map, the TPS light wouldnt come back to green after re adapt routine, so we put the Arrow low mount base tune on (from the eCU TUNE website) which keeps the SAI and o2 enabled - the TPS light came on fine with this tune loaded in. Speed Triple 1050 from VIN 461332 to 537880 Arrow low level system

Its better down low with the GPR slipon (than the stock map), and fairly smooth throughout, but doesnt seem anywhere near as punchy as the stock map with stock cans. Also the revs seem to hang briefly, not come down smoothly. Not a great fit found yet.

As for the Nixon map...any ideas why the re-adapt routine didnt settle into the TPS green light? We let the bike run well beyond 12 minutes after the fan came on.
    Could it be because the SAI is disabled in the tune - yet it is stock and enabled physically on the bike?

I'll have my own cable by next weekend or soon after so can try some more tunes. Hopefully I can find one which fits, else I will give up on the GPR slipon and return to stock as presently that is the best setup I have found for power and torque!
    Last edited by Lopan79; 11-03-2019 at 09:05 PM.

Member #
    I wouldn't have worried too much about the green light. If you've done the fire up from cold, 12 minute idle without touching the throttle then shut off, you achieved the same thing/result anyway. The green light it is doing it through software, 12 minute idle does it by forcing the process.

Like altering the speedo/sprocket correction, you can also re-enable the SAI by ticking the check box un the tune before uploading into the bike. Honestly not sure if that'll affect if the green does as advertised. My bike never had SAI.
    Also, I'd leave the O2 sensor disabled in the tune (when running the nixon tune).

The arrow factory map if its for the 3 into 1 low pipe system, will be better than the stock tune, but won't be ideal because that tune is based on the Arrow system which has very different headers to stock.

When you get the chance, reupload the nixon tune, if the tps won't reset through software, just do the 12 minute idle, and consider it done. I'd also suggest running 95 PULP fuel rather than PULP 98. Note whatever fuel you're using when you do the 12 minute tune, is what it will base its new relearning on.
    Last edited by Bad Santa 1050; 11-03-2019 at 09:24 PM.

Member #
    From the 1st 25 or so posts - I vaguely remembered...

From the originator Squires/Nixon himself.

Don't get too caught up on the greenlight.

Last edited by Bad Santa 1050; 11-03-2019 at 09:30 PM.

Member #
    I wouldn't have worried too much about the green light. If you've done the fire up from cold, 12 minute idle without touching the throttle then shut off, you achieved the same thing/result anyway. The green light it is doing it through software, 12 minute idle does it by forcing the process.

Like altering the speedo/sprocket correction, you can also re-enable the SAI by ticking the check box un the tune before uploading into the bike. Honestly not sure if that'll affect if the green does as advertised. My bike never had SAI.
    Also, I'd leave the O2 sensor disabled in the tune (when running the nixon tune).

The arrow factory map if its for the 3 into 1 low pipe system, will be better than the stock tune, but won't be ideal because that tune is based on the Arrow system which has very different headers to stock.

When you get the chance, reupload the nixon tune, if the tps won't reset through software, just do the 12 minute idle, and consider it done. I'd also suggest running 95 PULP fuel rather than PULP 98. Note whatever fuel you're using when you do the 12 minute tune, is what it will base its new relearning on.
    Thanks, mate! I will get the Nixon back on when the cable comes. Was more taking advice from the chap who was helping me who had followed the exact same process with his 50+ tune uploads to his tiger (he has been tinkering). Got a copy of my stock map also for reference.

What was odd was that with the Nixon installed, when the bike was started for the re-adapt routine, the rpm was yoyoing for a while, as if it was trying to work out something new? After a minute or two of this up then down, up then down, it settled on its normal around 1300rpm idle.

Also the throttle bodies in diagnosis were slightly out, but apparently this is not that important? 620/630/640.

Member #
    From the 1st 25 or so posts - I vaguely remembered...

From the originator Squires/Nixon himself.

Don't get too caught up on the greenlight.

Been through the whole thread now! Only need to confirm...does disabling the SAI through the tune work without disabling the SAI manually?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Lopan79 View Post
    Been through the whole thread now! Only need to confirm...does disabling the SAI through the tune work without disabling the SAI manually?
    Short answer, yes.

There's probably a dozen or more threads on here regarding SAI and disabling it. I've not paid too much details because the earlier models bound for Australia weren't fitted with it. From memory, that changed from your model.

Member #
    Finally got the Nixon installed this evening. laptop is old and mangled, will get another cheap one just for trying different tunes in the near future. Only had chance for a quick dash local, and the difference between that very mismatched arrow low tune and the nixon is staggering. Instantly back is the berserk power very low down, and its nowhere near as choppy at low rpm. A lot of crackling on decel, yet its a richer map so that makes sense yet perhaps the SAI remains functioning?
    Been a hell of an effort to get the tuneecu connected, so will stick with the Nixon and get used to having a tune which is a more comfy fit for the GPR Furore low mount. Very happy to have that power back!

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Sponsored Links