Any great tunes for Mivv low Steel storm or GPR Furore?
    Member #

Any great tunes for Mivv low Steel storm or GPR Furore?

Im trying to decide between which muffler to get to replace my stock on the speedy 11'. Been poking round a bit but wonder if anyone with better knowledge (aint hard!) can confirm if either the Mivv steel storm or GPR Furore has a better fitting map already available to download? Both are low mounts.

Member #
    The answer is always TOD, or scroll through the options on the tuneECU website and try some out. Worst thing that could happen is you explode your engine!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by norcalAFs3 View Post
    The answer is always TOD, or scroll through the options on the tuneECU website and try some out. Worst thing that could happen is you explode your engine!
    great worst case scenario. Its put my mind at rest, mate!

The TOD is for pre 11' speedies (i believe). Only 2 maps on that site for my VIN.

The 20457 and dynotune maps. Or can maps for other VINS be used?

Actually also the NIXON map here>
    https://www.thespeedtriple.com/forum...e-one-try.html

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheSpeedTriple.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Sorry I'm not more help, I've got an 05, even in the custom tune section there are only a couple? At the very least there should be the stock triumph arrow low tune, that might be ok. As far as other VIN ranges, my understanding is you can copy fuel tables to a VIN specific tune, as that was how the TOD for early VINs (which I have been using for years) was created/adapted.

Member #
    I've ran several of the custom tunes on my bike, but always circled back to the TOD as it was the best at eliminating the surging between 3-4k.

The "Friends" of Officer Frank Poncherello Bad Santa 1050's Avatar
    Member #
    Copying and pasting values from tunes tends to work okay until you get to the 2011 and later models. That Nixon fella, triwd that with the TOD, but it dis not qork properly.

Short of getting your own bespoke dyno tune, try the Nixon one. Otherwise check the download section of the tuneecu website.

The "Friends" of Officer Frank Poncherello Joe Houle's Avatar
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by norcalAFs3 View Post
    Worst thing that could happen is you explode your engine!
    when running the TOD, that is FAR from the worst thing that could happen.
    The TOD will only work on round eye'd 1050's, later bikes have too many changes to the head etc.

Here you go, happy reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryanc123 View Post
    Speedtriple.com is like motorcycles meets Monte Python from what I've seen, you either get it or you don't.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Houle View Post
    when running the TOD, that is FAR from the worst thing that could happen.
    The TOD will only work on round eye'd 1050's, later bikes have too many changes to the head etc.

Here you go, happy reading.

Been through there, mate. Will order the cable required today, and will have my gpr furore nero muffler in the week. Ill get that tune on soon after the cable comes. Thanks for the link.

Member #
    it's gap I think

Member #
    Tried the Nixon tune, but after lengthy re-adapt routine, the TPS light wouldnt come on. The rider who was showing me how to use ECUtune felt more comfortable putting on the ECU tune website offerings and I thought this one (right VIn range) as the right fit for my GPR slipon? Speed Triple 1050 from VIN 461332 to 537880 Arrow low level system

Yet maybe not? The low rpm bother with the GPR is better, and the power seems smoother also, but its nowhere near the torque and smoothness of the stock map with stock cans. The revs seem to hang a little when blipping the throttle. Will have my own cable in a week time.

Will go back to the Nixon but first seek some advice on the TPS light not appearing. Could it be due to the SAI disabled in the tune but enabled physically in the bike?

Are there more suitable tunes from the list on the TUNEecu website?

Sponsored Links