05 Flat spot issues
    Member #

05 Flat spot issues

I own an 05 Speed triple. Ive been experiencing what is basically a surging/flat spot 3-4k while cruising ~10-15% throttle (I would guess). It has a Comp Werkes slip on and running the triumph 3-1 exhaust map, tho I might give the TOD tune a go again. I have a TuneEcu on android, so I can make changes, if I knew what they are. Ive ridden an 07 Speed triple with a dyno map and it doesnt seem to be as noticeable as mine, as expected.

Things Ive tried/done

New Chain/sprockets (chain slack set)
    Clutch adjustment set
    Throttle cables slack set

New plugs CR9EK replaced this winter (photos below)
    Vacuum hoses checked and zip tied on
    Rectifier has upgraded wiring direct to battery
    SAI on bike (no popping)
    NO o2 sensor due to exhaust
    OEM air filter with flash guard removed from when I used the TOD
    12 min tune always done after any changes on TUNEecu

I will try the TOD tune and see if it remedies anything. As for changes in the map I assume that the difference in numbers (low,high,low) circled on the tune could be the cause. Im assuming this was an emissions thing? Would just splitting the diff on the numbers smooth everything out? Im not looking for any more power, smooth linear power is what Id like. Thanks for any help in advance.

Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    My 2005 has a similar flat spot, but it is much less noticable when I am running TOD, consequently I've been running bmc/compwerks/TOD for a few years now. I have SAI removed and blocked, and the O2 sensor is disabled physically and in tuneECU. Oh, I have done a lithium battery with a direct wire in for the starter and compufire regulator/rectifier, what a difference those mods made! Bike starts like a beast and I haven't burned a stator since I did the mods, though it's only been a year.
    Last edited by norcalAFs3; 06-12-2020 at 01:18 AM.

Member #
    I have a modified TOD map that a buddy of mine sent me. Just adds fueling from that 3500-4100 area. Im gonna give it a go this weekend. He also recommended cleaning the coils plugs. If it is less noticeable then I will go back to deleting the SAI and making some minor changes to the map. Its like the bike is hesitant in that range, once 4k hits the bikes just goes. Kind of like a variable timing kind of feeling if you have that in your car (VVTI, Vtec)

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheSpeedTriple.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    That's exactly as I would describe the power delivery. Like my old old Acura with V-Tec! I'm not sure exactly how to go about it, but would you mind to share your copy of TOD? I'm always curious about adjusted versions.

Sponsored Links