2011-2015 Radiator
    Member #

2011-2015 Radiator

Hi, As per the title I’m looking for a radiator for a 2011-2015 Speed Triple.

If you have one you’re looking to sell please let me know?

Thanks, Tony

The "Friends" of Officer Frank Poncherello Bad Santa 1050's Avatar
    Member #
    Your model seems to run a curved radiator which pre 2011 model don't run. Compare the different types pictured.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Member #
    Thanks Bad Santa, I’d originally bought a 2011 radiator on eBay but turned out to be the flat version which has one of the main pipes on the opposite end of the radiator.

Not being able to find anything else I opted for a Chinese curved radiator on eBay from a seller with lots of positive feedback and advertised for the correct years but had issues - physically narrower by 1”, greater fin spacing so less effective area, mounts in the incorrect places or not there at all.

I’d also seen that 2016 radiator but the part numbers changed from 2015 to 2016 so not sure dimension wise if they are similar enough and if the mounting mounts for the side plastics are in the correct place. If anyone knows this would really help me out?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheSpeedTriple.com
    Advertisements

The "Friends" of Officer Frank Poncherello Bad Santa 1050's Avatar
    Member #
    I'm assuming you've been looking up the details on bikebandit or some other parts fiche site.

I had forgotten that the models changed again for the 2016 model year.

Unfortunately as an 06 owner I can't help much more with those specific details.
    7 years ago, I was in a bind and had to repair my bike on a tight budget - back then there were no cheap chinese speed triple radiators, and the prices for new were extortion, and 2nd hand/used were bare a hundred bucks less than new. Neither were gonna work for my budget, so i sourced a 2nd hand radiator from Sprint ST 955, for about 2 and a half times the price of the current cheap chinese offerings, but still less than half that of the daylight robbery asking price of new.

The mounting points were different and not all the hoses lined up. I ended up mounting it with zip ties/cable ties to the frame, and used some generic heater hose, length cut to suit, which did the trick. I ran that setup for 4 years before acquiring a correct radiator from a member here who was parting out a wreck.

During my research before opting to try the Sprint radiator, I had seen many cheap aftermarket GSXR and Hayabusa radiators which would have been much cheaper. But I was hesitant to jump that far. After I finished the repair, when I spoke to my mechanic, he said one of the Suzuki items would've worked just as well, especially if I were going to fabricate as needed to fit.

If there's a jap radiator with similar or adaptable mounting tabs, and the plumbing/hose connections aren't too different to the stock rad, perhaps consider that path as a last resort before copping the violation that is paying retail from a Triumph dealership...

Hopefully someone with a 2016 can measure their radiator and perhaps offer some photos so you can make a more informed choice.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Member #
    Thanks for the info and advice. I’ve been checking bikebandit but the prices of a new radiator are around 3 to 4 times what they would be for a Japanese bike and i can’t justify that on my ”fixer upper” as the cost would be around 80% of the price I paid for the bike. Found another bike close to me with a damaged transmission and considered buying that then parting out the rest of it but don’t have the space for another bike in the garage and don’t have the time to break and sell off everything else.

I’ve found a 2016 radiator in the UK on eBay and the seller has sent me some extra info on the dimensions. The majority seems to be the same as the 2011-2015 with the exception of the threads on the side and the mounting tangs on the top which are used for mounting the radiator side plastics. Functionally I think it will work and the main mounting points are int he correct places so think I’m going to go with that just now and maybe try and rig some brackets to the radiator for the plastics at least for now.

Member #
    Just realised the 2016 radiator I bought was the same one you put a screenshot of I post 2 above. Waiting for it to get here from the UK now.

Sponsored Links