Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I have seen this discussed before but I still find myself confused.
My bike (2001 Triumph Speed Triple 955i) is leaking a decent amount of oil when parked, after talking it apart I found that the oil is coming from the overflow in the airbox. I have seen that this is common if the oil is overfilled however in my case it is leaking well past what one would call being low on oil. I am running 15w50, wondering if I want to be going thicker in this summer heat?
I was also warned that maybe I am just riding it too hard, pulling it to 130mph for 20 minutes at a time, I have been extremely gentle on it for the past two weeks with letting it warm up, not shifting hard, and going no faster than 80 but it still leaks more than just a few drops..
Also something to note, is I am definitely burning some oil, black on inside of exhaust, but not puffing black smoke
I could have a bigger issue here on the internals I am just trying to get some ideas of what to try or where to look first.
Any help is appreciated, I realize that this might be a stupid question so thank you for taking the time.

·
Registered
6,856 Posts
I can’t give a solution to your issue but I can tell you it’s not from riding it too hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts