Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im having a problem with my 06 triple the bike has 5000 miles on it and its been stalling while letting the clutch out off a light, its sometimes has horrable throttle response and sometimes its ok, i was thinking its the ethinol in the us gas we get but i dont think thats all of it, has anyone had this proble ??? if so whats the fix ? a new updated map ?? it also stumbles hard in 5th at about 120mph/7500-8500 rpm, it does it, it almost feels like you hit the rev limit but then it breaks through and starts pulling again ???????? what the hell is up with that ??????? i love my bike but shes acting up on me, someone help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes thats a great idea im going to put a k and n in it too....... hopefully an exhaust is on the way too but im still wondering about the stumble in the high rpm area at high speed ???????????

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Are you having issues with suction in the tank?

Try removing the tip-over valve from the tank vent line. This COULD be causing fuel supply issues if suction is forming in the tank.

Let us know what the plugs look like. If there is a lot of corrosion on the plug, you could be having grounding issues that are causing the plugs not to fire intermittently.

CB had 12,000 miles on his plugs when we changed them this weekend. They were badly corroded, but ran and looked fine. But he tends to run his bike OVER 4000 rpm most of the time.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im also looking into a pipe too, im thinking either the zard full system or the arrow full system, you guys have tuneboy maps for these applications ?? :horse:
????????

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
First, the bike is still under warranty right? If you can live without it for a few days, you might just let them handle it....of course maybe you don't like/trust your local dealer which seems to be fairly common.

I would worry about fixing the current problem first, before adding pipes and the like. It will be easier to narrow down the culprit before adding on any performance accesories. Chances are that the stumble will still exist if you add these items without fixing the original problem, unless of course one of the replaced items is the culprit. As Devious mentioned: start with the simple stuff first, make certain you have quality fuel, check the valve in the fuel tank vent line, spark plugs, etc.

Yes, there are available maps that should be suitable to start with, but they'll probably need optimized unless they are already dyno tested.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i agree 100 % im going to bring it to my bro at the triumph dealer and see what he has to say...........

:sign5:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok well i finally got to dropping it off at the dealer last week and its still not home yet ?????? As crappy as it was running i still miss her................

:fingure:

·
Registered
7,370 Posts
Sounds like you had a loose battery connection. My bike was stuttering and stalling out off and on during a 500-mile trip home from St. Louis and when it finally died to the point where it wouldn't even restart, I checked the battery connections and found my ground cable was almost completely unbolted. I tightened it down and the bike ran like new.

Dealerships tend to forget to tighten down a stray bolt here and there so ALWAYS check your bike over when you get it new and after every trip to the dealer. I had an airbox bolt and my front tank bolt almost totally unscrewed after a trip to the dealership.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I will check my battery connections tomorrow. I hope it is that easy of a fix. I don't know why it would run fine for 6K and then start sputtering. Maybe the cable worked itself loose. The brokechanic won't look at it till the 21st so I will try the battery cable.
Does the Tuneboy system replace the Triumph Diagnostic tool for diagnosing problems with the bike? I mean, If I had a Tuneboy would I be able to see the same error codes as the mechanic at the dealer sees with the equipment he uses to diagnos problems?

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
SKINNY said:
If I had a Tuneboy would I be able to see the same error codes as the mechanic at the dealer sees with the equipment he uses to diagnos problems?
Yes.

See? Wasn't that easy?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts