Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greeting to the hive brain, only just joined and asking for help already 馃榾.

I've a 2006 speed triple with a increasingly bubbly fuel tank which i'm looking to replace. I'm guessing a later metal tank would have to be modded to fit or are there any aftermarket options.

I'd considered a style change for the bike going more down a cafe racer look (its been sporting clip-ons for years) and im thinking of changing the pipes and getting a single seat...

Registered
It is possible to convert from plastic tank to a later model 08-09 model metal tank.
One the OG guys - BUCKET did this maybe 8 years ago.
You will need the whole fuel tank assembly including the fuel pump, fuel filter etc. Not sure if you'll need to modify the subframe to suit. Should be able to source the tank easy enough on ebay. Sourcing an undamaged/unbubbled plastic tank would be your simplest solution...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers, it's pretty badly bubbled and due a MOT, was worried it'll fail due to likely leaking in the near future...i'll probably end up with a 'new' (to me) plastic tank - path of least resistance and all that!

Registered
I have a extra perfect roulette green tank, I wanted to take it off my bike and caswell coat it, but I ran across another tank locally so I bought it and caswell coated it, I just haven鈥檛 swapped it on to the bike yet but I am ready to do it any time. You could buy my original tank and caswell coat it then there will be no swelling/ bubbling problems. where are you located I鈥檓 in the Seattle area, thinking shipping might be kinda expensive thou.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Registered
I have a extra perfect roulette green tank, I wanted to take it off my bike and caswell coat it, but I ran across another tank locally so I bought it and caswell coated it, I just haven鈥檛 swapped it on to the bike yet but I am ready to do it any time. You could buy my original tank and caswell coat it then there will be no swelling/ bubbling problems. where are you located I鈥檓 in the Seattle area, thinking shipping might be kinda expensive thou.
View attachment 44519
He's in Britain.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts