Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

· Registered
135 Posts
Boezack said:
If that thing has 150 hp's, with torque down low I might be in trouble.
A Speed Triple with torque down low?
What are you trying to make it,a Harley Davidson? ;D

G

·
Thanks for the scanned picture. I'm with everyone else, I like the current wheels better. But upgraded brakes and more power is never a bad thing ;D

Phil

G

·
Am I the only one who thinks this is just a picture of some guy riding an '07 with aftermarket wheels and brakes?! I'm betting this is not the '08 S3.

G

·
Yeah, but that's all the 08 might be. Triumph aren't known for making huge updates too regularly (which is a good thing in my opinion).

Phil

G

·
Since they're successfully addressed the brake issue with coated pistons, I'd be surprised if Triumph would go to Brembo for new calipers.

Seriously, aside from the fact that MCN is calling this a "Reworked Speed Triple," what makes you guys think this is an '08 under testing, rather than some guy who made a couple modifications to his '07? After all, MCN has a bad reputation for publishing bullshit "spy shots."

G

·
Curmudgeon said:
Since they're successfully addressed the brake issue with coated pistons, I'd be surprised if Triumph would go to Brembo for new calipers.

Seriously, aside from the fact that MCN is calling this a "Reworked Speed Triple," what makes you guys think this is an '08 under testing, rather than some guy who made a couple modifications to his '07? After all, MCN has a bad reputation for publishing bullshit "spy shots."
I was thinking the same thing, I think it's my mate Yan on his new Speedy with a bit of bling. :drink:

How do you tell from that picture that the brakes are Brembo? The wheels are crap too.

· Registered
434 Posts
Eh, I think it's just an '07 with custom bits. Triumph wouldn't put those gawdawful rims on their bike. Plus if it was a test mule, then why bother equipping it with lights, signals, and the large rear fender?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.