Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What gives! This thing always fired in 1...to.... 2 sec. Lately it take 5....6. It has been getting longer and longer the past month or so. I thought the "new" ECU was cured. ??? Anyone?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Cheap's not limey, he's Lemony - the slow color.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Old british bikes were always hard starting due to poor electronics (lucus prince of darkness). Some things never change, if my 06 triumph started better than my fathers 66 bonnie I would be pist! ;D

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Well, it _is_ only a 600.

But it starts immediately. As does the beemer, which is older than Cheap. Go figure.

·
Registered
32,016 Posts
Hey! My 1964 TT special would usually start with 1 kick....

of course, if it DIDN'T start with one kick you were screwed.

(Ask me about ticklers on Amal Monoblocks. And ET ignition. Go ahead... Ask me. I'll rip your fucking nipples off. Go on, ask me!)

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I just paid a shit load of money for a monblock w/ right sided tickler for dual carb set up on a 68 BSA, but did get a cool set of velocity stacks to go on the bike with it. I bet your 64 tt is faster than any air-cooled harley on the showroom today.

·
Registered
32,016 Posts
That Guy said:
I bet your 64 tt is faster than any air-cooled harley on the showroom today.
Maaaaaaaybe.

I couldn't tell you. The thing never did have a speedo! :eboy:

Unfortunately I sold it about 10 years ago, and it was a basket case since 1992. Sold it to a collector who restored it. It was the right thing to do but I miss it. Speedy's fun, but that thing was in a different class. Nothing compares.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
APtech77 said:
What gives! This thing always fired in 1...to.... 2 sec. Lately it take 5....6. It has been getting longer and longer the past month or so. I thought the "new" ECU was cured. ??? Anyone?
My 06 is going thru the same issue right now (with cold starts). One and a half months ago I put in a new tune (20102TuneDynoModPP) which has a modded prime pulse as well as other changes. After download it fired off very quickly and remained like this for about 3 weeks. However, a couple of weeks back I thought it seemed as though it was taking longer....FFWD to last Sat. morning in Ohio: it cranked until i let off the damned button for fear of burning up the starter motor (realistically about 7 seconds), I hit the button again and it fired off but idled very rough and died, a third push and the bike roared to life and idled about 1800 rpm for a couple of seconds before settling into normal habits. After warmup, the bike starts properly all day. This morning I tried cracking the throttle slightly and the bike fired up after a typical 3 second crank time. I was really loving the quick starting when I first downloaded this tune and am curious to learn what variable is involved here......I WILL figure this issue out!!!!

I have been back at work since I returned home from vacation, so haven't had much opportunity to investigate. Tomorrow I intend to hook up the laptop and look at tps voltage and idle air control, etc. If memory serves I can reset the idle air motor and do a couple of other things, haven't explored TuneBoy as well as I should have by now. If all appears OK I will pull the tank and check plugs and so on.

Either way, something has changed since the tune was downloaded....Stuff like this can be maddening and interesting all at the same time, let's hope my blood pressure stays normal for the whole time.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Milq, thanks for the info. The only thing I changed was new BF slipons and the TORS tune. This started weeks before that though..... ???

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
APtech77 said:
cheapbastard said:
APtech77 said:
:finger: ....thx....Limey :finger:
don't ever call me that again, or I'll have to :slap:

:finger:

11...12...13...14... ;D
CB, I'm :shocker: you can count that high....... :violent1: :twofinger:
took his shoes off

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
DocPup said:
APtech77 said:
cheapbastard said:
APtech77 said:
:finger: ....thx....Limey :finger:
don't ever call me that again, or I'll have to :slap:

:finger:

11...12...13...14... ;D
CB, I'm :shocker: you can count that high....... :violent1: :twofinger:
took his shoes off
Note: If he hits 21 he's sitting naked posting.... :barf:

G

·
Could be a variety of things . Could be the ECU , the fuel pump, anything . Either it's not getting fuel or not getting spark . But keep laying your finger on the starter button and it'll soon be a starter issue. Good luck with solving the issue.

And for the rest : :finger: Y'all so damn helpful ! :eboy:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have noticed everytime I open the tank now, it sucks more air than Limey. Could this be the source of the hard starting? I know none of the lines are flip flopped, so is it the tip over valve?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.