Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talked to the Dealer today about my other issues, mentioned that I was looking for a Gixxer, I was told that I should wait for the 1050 Daytona. Some of the people there went to a Triumph Training (hopefully to be mechanics) and were told by Triumph that a 1050 Daytona will be made.
There ya go

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
i hope its true. then i will be able to use some performance parts from the daytona on my speedy ;D

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
It sounds interesting. I would like to see what was done to the engine and suspension.

Not really my interest. If I wanted a higher revving literbike...

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
I wouldn't hold my breath.

While it's certain that a new liter bike is in the works, it's also been beaten to death that the new bike will not have the same 1050 engine on the Speed Triple/Tiger/Sprint ST.

That's not to say that the new engine won't displace 1050, just that it won't be the same 955 derived powerplant. This could be a good thing! If there's an all-new 1050cc triple that weighs 10% less and makes 170 HP, that would make my month. Then it could be available in a new Speed Triple later, about when I'd be in the market for one.

I'd also expect to see a stacked transmission like the 675, (Cassette transmission? I can dream!) and also probably share the 675's style of frame. Personally I'd like to see variable cam profiles and more sophisticated fuel injection.

But all of these are my opinions, which are notoriously wrong.

·
Registered
533 Posts
crashmasterd said:
This could be a good thing! If there's an all-new 1050cc triple that weighs 10% less and makes 170 HP, that would make my month. Then it could be available in a new Speed Triple later, about when I'd be in the market for one.
I probably would not buy a 1050 Daytona anyway, if that's what I wanted I'd have an R1 right now, but, jam that motor in another speed triple, and now your talking my speed.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Devious2xs said:
It sounds interesting. I would like to see what was done to the engine and suspension.

Not really my interest. If I wanted a higher revving literbike...
you'd get a gixxer, wouldn't ya..... ;D

·
Premium Member
6,770 Posts
its going to suk ass if they come out with a new daytona as soon as i finish installing all the goodies on mine. just my luck....i hope that one does come out though....as mine is 2 years old and paid off...looks like ill be onto my 4th new triumph.....

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
That's not to say that the new engine won't displace 1050, just that it won't be the same 955 derived powerplant. This could be a good thing! If there's an all-new 1050cc triple that weighs 10% less and makes 170 HP, that would make my month. Then it could be available in a new Speed Triple later, about when I'd be in the market for one.
I agree with Crash. The scuttlebutt I heard was that Triumph would want a bike that could compete directly with the 1098. That would mean at least 170 hp and some nice suspension bits (like 6-pot or monoblock calipers, Ohlins, etc.) While we're at it, how about a slipper clutch, and dash-programmable tune? :popcorn:

I heard that Triumph was working on an 1100-1150 cc engine, styling that would say it's the big brother to the 675, and some sort of 'Special' package with different wheels and fully-adjustable shock and forks. 8)

G

·
BillT said:
I heard that Triumph was working on an 1100-1150 cc engine, styling that would say it's the big brother to the 675, and some sort of 'Special' package with different wheels and fully-adjustable shock and forks. 8)
Thats what I heard too that the current triple 1050 engine will not be able to rev high enough and produce enough power to compete with the current litre sport bikes and the solution is to go for a higher displacement engine. Can you picture a 1150 Speedy :jerkoff: :pow: :drink: :devil:

·
Registered
180 Posts
That`s it :mad: I didn`t even pick mine up yet and now I gotta get rid of it?!!!! :violent1:

;D

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Farside said:
BillT said:
Thats what I heard too that the current triple 1050 engine will not be able to rev high enough and produce enough power to compete with the current litre sport bikes and the solution is to go for a higher displacement engine. Can you picture a 1150 Speedy :jerkoff: :pow: :drink: :devil:
It's not just the revs, it is the head design. The head does not flow enough to compete with the big stuff.

·
Registered
173 Posts
thegoat said:
That`s it :mad: I didn`t even pick mine up yet and now I gotta get rid of it?!!!! :violent1:

;D
Man, that is SUCH a bummer!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.