Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A question to anyone who has a headstock style front stand (that they are happy with): how long and thick the pin is?

I bought a new stand + a supposedly correct pin but the pin is clearly too small -> I will have to get a new pin machined. I was just wondering how snug a fit would be good as the headstock hole seems to taper slightly inwards.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I bought a pit-bull front stand with the headstock adapter. Standard pin with #1 adapter if my memory is correct. It works great! Not sure about the size in mm though.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I had some different size pins made at the local machine shop. Will have to give them a try later this weekend.

Looks like the pin with 23.5mm dia, 45mm length (part going into headstock) and a 30mm collar at the base is the best fit.

Edit. Blueprints for pin, if someone else needs to have these machined:
http://ww.../album874/abe.jpg

As I suspected the headstock tube is tapering slightly (because it is press fitted to the lower clamp?) so a 24mm will not fit all the way in. And the short 20mm pin that came with my stand is wobbly as hell.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.