Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well me and my father in law went for a two day ride from Utah To Colorado and back again. We took backroads the whole way with only 150 miles of super slab. This was truly the prettiest roads I have ever been on. We went from Ogden to Vernal Utah, Down through Grand Junction CO to Telluride. The second day we went from Telluride to Moab Utah and then down though Blanding and Up through Lake Powell, Canyon Lands and then home. I have never done longer then 200 miles on speedy in a day. 500 miles on a Corbin seat and the butt was done.
Colorado guys, if you have never run Route 141 from Grand Junction to Placerville it is awsome, big sweeping curves that follow the river with red rock canyon walls on both sides.

Here are some photo's complete with my best Jimmydean impersonation

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
nice...ow did ya take the action shots??

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DocPup said:
nice...ow did ya take the action shots??
I hung a digital camera around my neck with a lanyard, Right hand throttle control, left hand camera control. Not the safest way to do it, but I only shot pics on big sweepers or straights. Thank god for a 2 gig Card, I had to delete a lot of shots of the road, my gloves and some sunglare.

G

·
This still does not make up for all the times you decided that the wife owns your ass and did not go with us for rides around here........... :slap:

JK
Glad you enjoyed the ride you puss

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
and you didn't burn your bags on your cans??? (hehehehe)

no, really, the pipes didn't burn holes in those Cortechs??

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
kjazz said:
and you didn't burn your bags on your cans??? (hehehehe)

no, really, the pipes didn't burn holes in those Cortechs??
It had an inch to spare so no burns, plus the carbon can stays fairly cool, I can hold it with a bare hand after a ride. It was also resting on the Ohlins remote and shifted to the non pipe side.

My neighbor owns a CNC Machine and Mill and Lathe I am going to see if he can build me a piece that goes off of the rear passenger peg and runs back across the pipe to hold the bags off of it.

Something like this

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.