Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was curious if anyone knows if the tail tidy from the 2015s fit on to the 2016 speed triples?
up here in Canada we do not get to have all the fancy LED signals so the current 2016 tail tidy will not work with factory gear

thanks in advance for the help

·
Registered
18 Posts
The Competition Werkes 2015 model will NOT work, I tried. Not sure about others but the bikes are pretty different. So, knowing the CW won't fit I'm assuming other '15 tail tidy kits won't work either.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I Can get them aftermarket but they are not DOT approved here which is nonsense as my truck came factory full LED signals and break lights. That's just what triumph told me, and in North America you cannot turn the headlight off and run just the running lights so you get both full time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I Can get them aftermarket but they are not DOT approved here which is nonsense as my truck came factory full LED signals and break lights. That's just what triumph told me, and in North America you cannot turn the headlight off and run just the running lights so you get both full time.
The Evotech tail tidy designed for the 2016 Speed fits with the non-led turn signals. I live in the US and installed this on my 2016 Speed (see photo). The turn signals are clear of the exhaust and its gasses. I have 400 miles on bike and everything is fine with tail tidy and signals.

Also, I have three choices for my headlights.
1. daytime running lights (led cat eyes only) - press headlight switch away from rider
2. headlight low beam - press headlight switch towards rider
3. headlight high beam - press passing toggle high beam switch. Instead of flickering the high beams, this turns them on when pressed and you have to press the same switch again to turn high beams off or they will remain on.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Also, I have three choices for my headlights.
1. daytime running lights (led cat eyes only) - press headlight switch towards rider
2. headlight low beam - press headlight switch away from rider
3. headlight high beam - press passing toggle high beam switch. Instead of flickering the high beams, this turns them on when pressed and you have to press the same switch again to turn high beams off or they will remain on.
Hi, I live in the US also; but do not have the possibility to have the daytime running lights only...
could you put a pic of your light control / button ?
Wht state did you buy the bike and when?

Got mine in Michigan in April 2016...

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
18 Posts
Same here, I only have the high/low switch on the front of the control housing.. Unless I'm missing something. (In the US)

·
Registered
5 Posts
See attached photos with descriptions for how my lights operate. I bought my bike new in Virginia a couple weeks ago, but I think it was shipped from California. I'm not sure of the build date. My bike can run with either the DRLs on only, low beams only, or high beams only.

If you toggle the high beam switch while the DRLs are on, it acts as a true passing switch. If you toggle the high beam switch with the low beams on, it will activate the high beams and you will need to press and release the toggle again to go back to low beams.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
yes, you have a version different than the regular US one... Maybe California version maybe? Mine doesn't have the switch on the 1st and 3rd pic...

I'm a bit jealous! I was thinking on getting those switch from EU to do the change on mine...

Thanks for the pics

·
Registered
5 Posts
yes, you have a version different than the regular US one... Maybe California version maybe? Mine doesn't have the switch on the 1st and 3rd pic...

I'm a bit jealous! I was thinking on getting those switch from EU to do the change on mine...

Thanks for the pics
That's weird because I thought the Euro bikes only had one headlight turn on to prevent it looking like at night that the bike was a car further away. My bike's headlights on low beam are always both on which I thought was characteristic of the American bikes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah that's a rare bike here in North America! I'm jealous too !! Was wondering how hard it would be too switch out to the euro switches ...would it plug and play or is there more to it

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yep, my bike does't have the switch facing the rider either... Oh well. I don't look at the lights while I'm riding it anyway.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi there, just checked and it looks like all you need is to buy the euro switches...

[FONT=&quot]PFKL2645793

Seams to work on the Truxton at least... might order it for next time i ll be in france, to save on those shipping cost ;)[/FONT]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts