Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
I designed the SAGEM injectors and have archived the documentation. I used to offer Triumph owners free injector testing on the factory master flow bench but now that I'm retired I can't do that any more. Besides, I'm in SC USA and you probably don't want to ship your injectors internationally.

The 0127 number is a date code. Those were made on Jan 12 1997. The 01D004A is the original injector for the T595 955. According to the SAGEM documentation it was not released for the T509 885 but that doesn't mean Triumph didn't use it on them. The SAGEM release notes for '98 list the 01F006A for the T509 855 and T595 995. They both have the same 200 g/min static flow rate at 3 bar n-heptane but have completely different construction and impedance. The 01D004A is 15.9 ohms and 24 mm diameter, the 01F006A is 12.25 ohms and 16 mm diameter. Lengths, sealing and electrical connectors are the same so physically they are interchangeable but they will require completely different tunes.

200 g/min n-heptane converts to 292.4 cc/min but I'm sure your injectors were tested on some other fluid. Most shops have what's known as an ASNU flow bench (there are other similar Chinese ones too). They are good for comparing identical injectors as a set but are wildly inaccurate and seriously flawed. Believe me, we have some. So you can't really compare the numbers they generate to what the manufactures specify.

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
You are in luck then, there is a direct replacement available for the D3173A. It's D3156BA for 1995 Jag 3.2 Liter and 4.0 Liter Inline 6 Cylinder. Jag P/N LHE1520AA but you'll most likely find it easiest by the Standard Motor Products (SMP) P/N FJ155. You can find them on ebay, amazon and pretty much any auto parts store. These have a static flow rate of 161 g/min @ 3 bar n-heptane so significantly different than the later injectors. The D3173A and the D3156BA/FJ155 are absolutely identical except for the laser marking. Shop around, prices vary widely. Just don't buy anything out of China. We are starting to see counterfeits that look absolutely perfect on the outside but are complete junk with terrible leakage and flow.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts