Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i have a 2007 triumph speed triple . Its got aftermarket dual high exhausts , no cat , no sai, it has an o2 sensor.
Triumph dealer has put a (aftermarket exhaust and no sai) map on it. Its giving heavy pops on decelerations and throttle response is jerky in low rpm, at times takes a second longer than usual to fire up or i need to give a bit of gas and hit the starter switch to turn it on.
Need suggestion on what map would be the best. Planning to use TuneEcu with android phone.
Thank you!

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
That's pretty much the setup on my '06. I did open up the header a bit to match the exhaust ports and ground out the O2 sensor bung inside the pipe. I run a TuneBoy tune Devi gave me. I think TuneEcu can read those tunes but no idea how to upload anything but a picture on this site.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey , i dint understand matching the exhaust ports. so you disabled o2 sensor.
How is the tune ? any decel pops? and hows the throttle response ?

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
The header opening is a little smaller than the ports in the head so I opened up the header to give the flow a gradual transition rather than a sharp step. It's a pretty minor thing.

I use the O2 sensor, just cleaned up the bung on the inside. Again, a minor thing but should improve a little.

These were both things Devi had done to his bike when he did the dyno tune so I wanted to match his mods as close as possible.

I love the tune, part throttle is very smooth with no lag. I did disable the SAI in the tune and made some block off plates. That gets rid of the popping. The stock motors pop but with the heavy muffling it's not that noticeable. When you put on aftermarket mufflers which don't really muffle very much the popping becomes obnoxious. You can block the SAI with just some duct tape over the tap in the airbox. If you want to disconnect the SAI solenoid you have to turn it off in the tune or you will get a check engine light.

Here's a picture of my block off plates.
Land vehicle Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
15 Posts
I loaded 20534 from TuneEcu and it was way to lean. I went back to TuneBoy 20210 (Arrow pipe no SAI). Try that.
VIN's 305060 to 461331

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i am trying to use tuneecu android but i dont see the reprogram option after i load the map to my android device

1 - 7 of 7 Posts