Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all! battery is fine, it has been tested. Why does triumphs motorcycles have so many eletrical issues.
This Post has been done to death I know, but I litterally have no power to my bike. I turn the key and do not hear any eletrical start up or fuel pump.
No gauge display, no headlights, no brake lights, .. simply no power.
I rode the bike yesterday. Just about to get it towed.

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
Didjya check your main fuse?

It also might be the infamous short in the loom by the headstock.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Problem solved, I don't fully understand how.
I noticed the main fuse was fine, and so was the indicator fuse, so I created a bridge between main fuse to the starting fuse a boom I had power again.
Perhaps this reset it or something, I will contact triumph directly if it happens again.

·
Registered
12,395 Posts
Perhaps this reset it or something, I will contact triumph directly if it happens again.
on an 8yr old bike? You clearly have a bad connection in the harness. Could be the kill switch, could be the harness under the headstock, could be the harness behind the ignition switch, etc etc. You will just have to go through it. I promise the jumper isn't what resolved your issue, you moved something else that restored the connection.

were you cranking the bike when it went dead, or was it sitting and you went to power it on and nothing happened?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Agreed, a jumper is not a solution. Might be a great starting point to troubleshoot, but I'd look at things mentioned above, tidy up your electrical connections from the typical culprits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
Check the white wire that runs next to the headstock - that's the main power line. Likely has a break within the insulation, has pulled off the bottom of the ignition switch, or the connector at the other end (to the right side of the airbox at the frame) is pulling apart enough to break the connection (zip tie connector together after removing headstock clamp bar to release some tension).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the guidance everyone! triumph is up and running fine now, I suppose if it happens again I will follow your advice.
Joe Houle, the bike was sitting still, just turned the key and notice no gauge display.
I did notice the starter cables are very short and stretched to make the distance. BUT suppose we will wait and see what happens.

thanks again you legends

1 - 7 of 7 Posts