Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 20 of 2931 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 Rocky Mtn Rally is set for Sept 4-9th

Because the CCC with Leggy, Bucket, Hockeyfan, Uncle Dude, Doug, Nimec and myself(and others) was so much fun, we decided during that trip last year that we hatched the idea for the (2011RMR) Rocky Mountain Rally.

There has been some interest in the Rocky Mtn Rally(RMR) recently. Most of the interest is asking WHAT is it? The 2011 RMR is going to be an undecided(as of now) 7-10 day Rally in the Colorado Rockies. It will be a rolling Rally, meaning that we will stay in a few different towns during the event. I plan on staying at a minimum of three towns, and do shorter day rides out of them every day and return to the same hotel/motel at night. The BASIC OUTLINE so far is to meet up in Grand Junction, Colorado area and then make a southern loop, returning back to Grand Junction a week or so later. This Rally will be to sight see and enjoy some of the most fantastic Rocky Mtn sights there is, so the day rides will be short to allow everyone the opportunity to stop and marvel and take pics during the day. This WONT include the usual fast/medium/slow groups to ride in. it instead is all about the ride and views....sharing the sights with everyone. Its a shame to ride fast in that part of the world anyway, slow down and enjoy life and the ride. I also don't care to deal with wrecks and the possible injuries that might happen in the remote areas that we will be traversing. I know for a fact that some of the roads DONT have guardrails and plunge thousands of feet down off the road. I/we have decided that it we will have a truck-trailer/chase vehicle that will follow us everyday to the different hotels so that we can haul all of the day to day gear. That way nobody has to travel the mtns with an overloaded bike and worry about the contents when we stop for lunch/breaks. So keep this in mind, if someone wants to come along on the trip that ISNT A RIDER......but can handle a truck/trailer combo, and will drive the truck/chase vehicle to the new hotel/motel, that the group will pay their way during the Rally. This person will basically get a paid for vacation(hotel,meals) furnished by the overall group collective payment.

The date for this is still to be nailed down, because I used to live in Durango, Colorado many moons ago...I have suggested certain dates to the "core group". That date is late August to mid September. There are a few side trips in the planning stages of the trip, these include:

The Durango to Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad steam locomotive trip http://www.durangotrain.com/ride-us/group-sales

Mesa Verde National Park. http://www.visitmesaverde.com/?gclid=CImyisek5qECFQpcbQodXz_9Lg

jeep tours.....http://www.ouraycolorado.com/Jeeping

glider flights....http://www.soardurango.com/rates.html

white water rafting....http://www.raft-kayak.com/

after a long day in the saddle....http://www.ouraycolorado.com/Hot+Springs+Pool

There is a ton to see and do in Southern Colorado with amazing roads and sights to behold. Colorado has tons of great microbreweries and restaurants. Some of the forum members can testify to the roads that I have suggested they take, and how sweet they were. I will put together a route and more formal date and route plan soon enough. This should get your idea piqued and maybe interest ya to join us next year. These Rallies are so much fun, how can ya not enjoy a great day of riding in some of the most wonderful places on the earth with friends....then stop for the evening to toss back a few cold ones, have dinner and re-live the day.

this is a basic...basic outline of the area that we will cover. Ther will be more than this added later.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...108.012085&sspn=2.334194,5.795288&ie=UTF8&z=8

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
I'm in. I'll make the drive/ride out to LA (from TX) and ride with everyone from there. Might even be able to offer my truck & trailer as the chase vehicle if need be. Depending on if I ride out or drive out to LA.

·
Registered
12,278 Posts
In!

And lets not forget the alpine slides at Purgatory!

·
Premium Member
6,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^ was just looking at those on youtube. I have spent dayz at Purgatory skying.

also...Bucket and Leggy will be here for this Rally. Bucket is bringing his brother too...... :lh:

G

·
dano said:
^ was just looking at those on youtube. I have spent dayz at Purgatory skying.

also...Bucket and Leggy will be here for this Rally. Bucket is bringing his brother too...... :lh:
What about his sister ;D :angel:

I'm in :beer: :popcorn:

·
Registered
9,536 Posts
In.

·
Registered
9,536 Posts
Thanks Dan for getting all of this going. This sounds like an epic trip. I really can't wait to do it. :drink:

·
Premium Member
6,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wile-E-boar! said:
Thanks Dan for getting all of this going. This sounds like an epic trip. I really can't wait to do it. :drink:

I'm glad I can help....yes it will be epic. it wont be the 19 day ride we CCC fellas did, but that part of the country is awesome. To spend it with a great group like yall will make it a lifelong memory. now you falkers have a WHOLE year plus to decide if ya want to go or not, you have been duly informed. plan for it bishes.

PARRRRRRTAAAAY.

G

·
:drink: If the foreclosure/bancruptcy crap is over by then it'll be a great way to celebrate, I likes me some Colorado

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Im in. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. I have already told my boss I'm take a month off!

Thanks Dan and CCC crew!

·
Premium Member
6,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It will be funny to see the before and after list of people saying that they will go now and those that show up. thats right....I'm calling you shit talkers out right now. Just to put pressure on ya....there will be 3 Australians at the Rally and the Zero11 Crew will be doing a month long trip that includes the RMR. The Zero11 Crew is made up of Bucket and Bro, Leggy, Hockeyfan and MonstaGirl, and myself. We will be starting off a trip up the Pacific coast to the Pacific Northwest and the large National Parks2 weeks or so before the RMR, ride down to meet everyone at the RMR, ride the RMR, then tour a week-10 days back to SoCal.

let the lip service begin....... :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

·
Registered
9,536 Posts
:wave: I don't even own a motorcycle. I just like to :bs: about them.

·
Registered
12,278 Posts
Need to win lottery to make time

·
Premium Member
6,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Blackout said:
dano said:
Zero11 Crew is made up of Bucket and Bro, Leggy
:eek: :eek:
:shocker: :shocker:
:pow:
Comin to the states again?
Put me down as a tentative shit-talker.
just so ya know.....the Zero11 Crew will be doing the Western states....we will not be going that much further east than Colorado. Id say for sure not east of the Mighty Mississippi, SO if ya want to meet the FAMOUS world famous Bucket and Leggy.....then drag yo ass to Colorado.

·
Registered
18,147 Posts
dano said:
can handle a truck/trailer combo, and will drive the truck/chase vehicle to the new hotel/motel, that the group will pay their way during the Rally. This person will basically get a paid for vacation(hotel,meals) furnished by the overall group collective payment.
:wtf: fuck riding, I call dibs on the chase truck. I'm livin high on the hawg that week peoplez. :d:

1 - 20 of 2931 Posts