• Other

Votes: 1 50.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
looking into new plugs for the '13 Speedy SE. Previous owner installed NGK-R CR9EK, and NGK's website calls for a CR8EK. The 9 is a step cooler than the 8 - maybe to help with the GP pipe and K&N filter? The bike runs great. The plugs look good too. I would just like to know who runs what plugs are why. Thank you.

Light Product Aircraft Font Airplane

Attachments

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
If you're thrashing the bike go with the coldest you can get away with. If your riding like an old lady and your plugs are getting fouled then a notch or two hotter might be better.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you're thrashing the bike go with the coldest you can get away with. If your riding like an old lady and your plugs are getting fouled then a notch or two hotter might be better.
Thank you for the comment, Avi8or. I usually flog the bike whenever I have it out and the cooler plugs (CR9EK) looked good when I pulled them out.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Hi All,
looking into new plugs for the '13 Speedy SE. Previous owner installed NGK-R CR9EK, and NGK's website calls for a CR8EK. The 9 is a step cooler than the 8 - maybe to help with the GP pipe and K&N filter? The bike runs great. The plugs look good too. I would just like to know who runs what plugs are why. Thank you.
Don't change the heat range unless you've increased compression or changed timing. Why not consider the CR8EIX tho? The iridium lasts longer and has a more stable spark.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't change the heat range unless you've increased compression or changed timing. Why not consider the CR8EIX tho? The iridium lasts longer and has a more stable spark.
Thank you for the info, kartstar. I haven't seen the CR8EIX, so I will check those out! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts