Are you coming?

• I Am Coming!

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello boys (and at least one of you that claims to be female). I'm doing a 6-day version of the 5-day ride I did last year that was SO GOOD!!! I'll be doing 2200 miles in 6 days through WA, ID, MT and OR. Very little miles on major roads, many many miles on twisties. Some well known (Lolo Pass, Rattlesnake Grade, Paradise @ Rainier) and some not so well known (Yaak, Elk City, Dooley Mtn) all connected with some of the best open country and natural forest windy pavement on the planet. I've got 2 other bikes along for the duration currently, and a couple people deciding whether they've got the right gluteus installed for a trip like this. I would LOVE to have another S3 on this route, or even just for a couple days. Maybe even if you're not on an S3 anymore but wanna bring whatever shreds of dignity you have left.

Send me a PM to get my attention and let's talk about details, but here are some fairly likely routes to whet your appetite.

day1 - Seattle WA to Newport WA via HWY 20
day2 - to Whitefish MT via Yaak & both banks of Lake Koocanusa
day3 - to Grangeville ID via Fladhead Lake, Lolo Pass, & Elk City
day4 - to Enterprise OR via Rattlesnake Grade & Hells Canyon
day5 - to Maupin OR via Dooley, 20, John Day, & 218
day6 - to Seattle WA via 216, Carson, Randle, & Paradise

Attachments

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump. I've got a couple "sounds fun" comments but nobody available. Come on speedys!

·
Registered
540 Posts
I would be down for next summer. I had to put off my Oregon trip end of May due to my new job and some other stuff that came up. Will be looking to come down that way for sure though.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
trippin... so fly back into Missoula instead of Seattle on the 14th, and meet up with us the morning of the 15th for the last 4 days. We've got a chase car for this trip (short story, but I couldn't be bothered to tell it) and they could trailer your bike to meet you.

I'M A PROBLEM SOLVER, BITCHES!!!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would be down for next summer. I had to put off my Oregon trip end of May due to my new job and some other stuff that came up. Will be looking to come down that way for sure though.
Awesome. I'll be doing similar NW routes annually. There are a TON of variations that are all brilliant!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Sounds good, next ride you plan let me know. Feel free to come ride some of BC at some point as well if you want, some fantastic roads here as well.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes there are, Canukc eh. I've done some, and will do more!
I also wanna do a run up to Alaska and back (Hyder), just to say I did it eh.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BUMP
Anyone want in on this? I've edited the route slightly to include hwy 3 across BC, Canada.

·
Registered
540 Posts
From and to where? If you are comin in to BC I can suggest the road going from Merritt to Spencer's bridge. Is a MUST ride for sport bikes. People come from all over to hit that sh**. Even if you ride it to end, turn around and hit it again coming back.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This trip I'm planning to turn off at Hope onto 3 and ride to Castlegar in 1 day (from Seattle).
Day 2 up to the Balfour ferry to hit 3a (DH1) on my way to Bonner's Ferry ID, then Yaak MT, then Libby MT.
Day 3 using 97 out of Coeur d'Alene to get towards Lewiston ID then P1 and on to Elk City ID.
Day 4 goes through Rattlesnake Grade to Enterprise then out and back to Hell's Canyon.
Day 5 hits Dooley, 20, 402 and 218 before heading across the Columbia to Goldendale WA.
Day 6 is Carson to Randle including 99, Paradise through Rainier, then home to Seattle.

I will def add the Merritt to Spencer's Bridge ride to my "TO-DO" list!!!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, that's not how things work around here. See you Saturday morning!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You all missed this, and it was INCREDIBLE.

Your desirability as humans in general is dropped two notches, and mine has gone up by a billion just for having gone on this trip. AMAZING.

That is all.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bucket, I do not understand your comment, so I accept it as a note of willful surrender to my superior trip planning.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
image.jpg Tough from the phone, but here's one image.jpg

1 - 20 of 23 Posts