Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Dropped the bike at Tuneboy yesterday to get remapped. Very interesting and cluey guy, he's going to adjust the track, sport and road modes and also try and play with the downshift auto blipper, it can be hit and miss if the engine is not loaded. I'm looking forward to getting it back next weekend.
Like a real life motorcycle/electronics mad scientist.

Very interested in the results.

Crazy question, did you contact him via website or social media/whatsapp?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
Like a real life motorcycle/electronics mad scientist.

Very interested in the results.

Crazy question, did you contact him via website or social media/whatsapp?
Definitely, I hope to pick the bike up today. Some results that he did send me are attached, "the first one is before/after at 30% throttle. You can see it was 15.8/1 between 3000 and 5500RPM Green is before red is after"

Map Slope Rectangle World Font
Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Software

The second one "This graph shows 15% throttle (at the grip) the lines that start high on the left are torque (red is standard, green is my modified throttle mapping), you can see my mapping makes the bike produce very linear torque, this should make the bike feel much stronger"
I ended up emailing him and he replied.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,
Quick query- you said you got the OBD MX+ for Tune ecu but you used a Tuneboy operator.
Any reason for one and not the other.
I’ve got an 19’ RS with a SC can and it’s just not as smooth as I think it should be.
I’ve seen maps on the tune ecu website (I’ve used tuneecu on previous triples) but I’ve no experience with the tune boy system..?
Cheers,
A Perth Dweller…

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Hi,
Quick query- you said you got the OBD MX+ for Tune ecu but you used a Tuneboy operator.
Any reason for one and not the other.
I’ve got an 19’ RS with a SC can and it’s just not as smooth as I think it should be.
I’ve seen maps on the tune ecu website (I’ve used tuneecu on previous triples) but I’ve no experience with the tune boy system..?
Cheers,
A Perth Dweller…
I do have Tune ecu and have used it on my older bikes, I looked on the tune ecu web site and there wasn't much to choose from for the RS. I was not happy with how smooth it was at the bottom and pickup from idle, I went with tuneboy because I wanted a specific map for my bike and he's the best at this sort of thing. The difference he made to my bike was amazing, the dyno figures are good but the seat of the pants feel all through the rev range and especially down low was exactly what I was looking for.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts