The Speed Triple Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Speedtriple
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Technically not a newbie to this forum cause Ive been lurking here for quite a while. Never written before but felt like posting after I started my triple for the first time since 2019.

Heres a short video of the bike starting and running. If the link happens to work.

https://vimeo.com/506806781?ref=em-share

IMG_20210123_161136_1612119690933.jpg

·
Registered
2003 Speedtriple
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My first post appears to be short and boring, so heres a couple of details about the bike.

Engine- Daytona 955 -02 engine
- Head ported (by an amateur, me), exhaust timing retarded
- Daytona exhaust, modified after the collector
- AMR500 supercharger
- E85 conversion
- Sparkplugs are one heatrange colder
- Injectors, bigger
- Fuel pump, bigger

Other
- Custom subframe
- Sprint gt swingarm
- 2007 Triple fuel tank
- 2013 Triple seat
- Handlebars, lights, mirrors and other boring shit are swapped

Propably forgot a lot of things, but that should be enough information for now.

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
Well that's different. :big smile:

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Well fcuk me drunk, that is interesting.
Sorry, but the actions of some folks here have made me very wary of opening links so I didn’t watch initially.
I suppose you get great mileage from your front tyres. :)

·
Registered
2003 Speedtriple
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well fcuk me drunk, that is interesting.
Sorry, but the actions of some folks here have made me very wary of opening links so I didn’t watch initially.
I suppose you get great mileage from your front tyres.
Well I have a lot of more content under my alias "blue waffle", feel free to check it out.

·
Registered
2003 Speedtriple
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Here you can see a lame NA Triple.

Some charger mounting bits.

A spot to mount the filter on.

Stainless charge pipe fitting. Really tight fit cause I didnt want it to stick too far out.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,755 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Speedtriple
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Propably something simple, kind of a half cover. So not enough to save anyones fingers but hopefully enough to save my knee if the pulley takes off at 11krpm.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Looks like a clean install, some nice fab work. I'd be a little concerned about the bearing on that SC drive with the loading from that outboard belt. Really depends on how much boost you are trying to make. Hate the single headlight.

·
Registered
2003 Speedtriple
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks like a clean install, some nice fab work. I'd be a little concerned about the bearing on that SC drive with the loading from that outboard belt. Really depends on how much boost you are trying to make. Hate the single headlight.
Thanks for the comment. Going back to dual headlight has been in the plans for a while now, normally I dont really like it but with a bike this wide it just looks better.

·
Registered
2003 Speedtriple
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Doubled up on the headgaskets. I did calculate the compression ratio but because I never write anything down I dont know it anymore.
Lets say its 10 and call it good.

New radiator had to be sourced cause the old one wouldnt fit. Some aliexpress radiator for RD350.

Charge pipe was powdercoated black for stealthiness.

Forge bov

Brake calipers and the valve cover were painted in "mustard yellow" for extra coolness. 1K paint and 2K clearcoat.

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 Speedtriple
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
These pictures are kinda "best of" from the past 1,5 years. Thats why you might notice that the backgrounds change behind the bike.

Had a strange electrical malfunction which turned out to be the negative cable going to the block, I had apparently fried it.
Had to take all the cables out to figure out the problem.
Ofcourse cause I'm cheap and speedtriples are expensive, I only replaced the nasty part of the cable.

The electronics on this bike are pretty basic. I think the biggest additions are lifepo battery, gear indicator and some swapped connectors to fit some parts Ive changed.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts