Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, since I came back from a business trip to Asia a couple of weeks ago, I'v been thinking about going on a long ride. Something on a scale of one to two weeks. End of July, or a start of August. I'll be starting the ride and hopefully ending it at SE Florida. Possible destinations under review right now are:

1. Great Smoky Mountains National Park
https://goo.gl/maps/LCyv6yWi1Cp

2. Ozarks National Park.
https://goo.gl/maps/fNsxqZCJq1y

Any routes and destinations I should be checking out within this (as of now very loose) parameters ?

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
So, right now I'm leaning towards N. Georgia, Tennessee, Carolinas area (it's closer and the roads look great).
Here is a route I come up with that I think it should be fun. Seems like a 1 days ride. Any suggestions for another day or two of stay in the area ?

https://goo.gl/maps/1MXsSgvNUVG2

·
Registered
230 Posts
That's a pretty long one day ride, but where your staying is awesome. Great roads around Suches. Can't tell if wolf pen is on your route but definitely do that one

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's a pretty long one day ride, but where your staying is awesome. Great roads around Suches. Can't tell if wolf pen is on your route but definitely do that one
Just looked it up and found "Wolf pen Gap Rd". I see some nice twisties that would warrant a detour. Thank you for the tip. Any suggestions as for where to stay in that area (aside from the obvious motels) ?

·
Registered
230 Posts
There's a place called t.w.o. ( two wheels only) that I know has rooms and even if you don't stay there its worth stopping by for lunch. It's a pretty cool place, it even has maps of good rides. If I remember right 60 on the way to deals gap is awesome till around murphy, then you have to slab it for awhile till you get into good roads again

·
Registered
89 Posts
Deals Gal "Tail of the Dragon" is obviously a must if you are riding the Smokies!! Plenty of places to stay in the area.. Kick Stand Lodge and Iron Horse has camping, bunk beds and cabins.. Philip Motel and Microtel Inn has nice rooms. Check out Motel & Camping at Deal's Gap Motorcycle Resort, Deals Gap, NC and the Great Smoky Mountains. Reservations. and www.tailofthedragon.com Deals Gap motel has gas,food and lodging and is located right at the start of the Dragon. check out local forum as Florida riders group together to ride dragon throughout the year.

·
Registered
12,395 Posts

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

I would have to buy this one, just because of the testimonial.
DryLine Long Sleeve Turtleneck Top - LDComfort - Tri Monte Group Inc DBA LDComfort

" I really love this top since you don't have to wear a bra under it. When riding in warmer temps the least straps and seams you have the better. I went with a small and I will admit that my husband had to wear it for an hour to stretch it enough to be bearable. It was pretty tough getting him out of it! I just didn't want it to be too big. It fits perfect now!Jennifer M Mar 15, 2015 "

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Joe, on a serius note. Are you saying it would be better to ride in this area later on in the year (not as hot)? If yes, when ? End of August ? September ?

·
Registered
9,536 Posts
I'm out between August 22 and November 22. :horse:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts