Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thats exactly what i've done after owning it for 5 days. I gave the bike some more character. Yep, thats right. Like Ducati's and Buell's and whatnots. How did i do that? Well...

For starters i mounted the short ass i got from Ebay, looks the bomb! Mounted the stock turn signals and found they where a bit close to the exhausts. Didnt care much about it, figured they'd be heat resistant anyway. Cause thats what we should expect from a quality product such as the S3 right? Think again! They are not heat resistant enough. Yesterday i found out that they'r melting away... Guess i can always mount smaller ones, and soon my new slip-on should arrive. What else did i do? I ermm..."jumped" a curb and nicked it with the lowest bit of my headers... Managed to dent the middle pipe quite good. Thank god i didnt put on a belly pan. Think i reduced the airflow trough the mid pipe by about 1/5th.

Sad? Nah... Sorry? Nah... Character is what it is....

fucksake, got the damn thing for 5 days and did about 700km and managed to melt the blinkers and ruin the exhaust. :eek:wned: Guess thats a good excuse for ordering the 3/1 Arrow or Old Squids headers with his new short... Gotta mail that fella some time about it.

Anyone have a clue if the dent in my exhaust will harm the engine?

And keep yer halfassed funnay comments to yourselves Mkay? :twofinger:

Added pics to last post!

·
Registered
167 Posts
not sure if your exhaust will cause engine probs, but you will be robbing it of HP.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
If all you did was dent the pipe, I doubt there is even a measureable difference in power. It has always amazed me how much you have to deform a pipe to alter flow. All you did was change the shape of the pipe cross-section, not the area.

Character is good. ;D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah i cant really feel a diffirence but cant trust that kind of feeling. Just needed to be sure it wouldnt harm my engine.

And yeah, Character rocks ;D
Atleast my bike still runs, not always that way for other character bikes! :horse:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Pipe looks good Mikey, I'm still waiting for my one to turn up (3 weeks now :mad:). Any issues fitting it, general thoughts on quality/sound?

Gazwire

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fitting was dead simple, very straightforward.

Quality, well, i love it.

And the sound : [video=google;-7414381650433447054]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7414381650433447054[/video]

Clip doesnt do it justice but anyway, i love how it sounds. Not to squeely or metallic. Just a nice rumble

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
That is one of the better low mount designs available for the 1050 S3. I would love to see a dyno graph comparing it to a Zard.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
nice exhaust!!!

what brand fender eliminator is that??

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
nice :drink:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ordered it trough Carpimoto.com

He's stationed in Italy as is the producer of the slipon (Mivv).

Took some time to get here but nothing out of the ordinary.

The sound is awesome and engine braking sounds even better ;D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, Only just logged on here today. Can you explain the comments about the melted indicators? ??? Can't understand how the low level MIVV could do that :-\- do they also do a high level system that you are referring to? Am I to take it that the MIVV comes recommended? Any advise on the appropriate engine tune? Thanks. ;D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Stormchaser said:
Hi, Only just logged on here today. Can you explain the comments about the melted indicators? ??? Can't understand how the low level MIVV could do that :-\- do they also do a high level system that you are referring to? Am I to take it that the MIVV comes recommended? Any advise on the appropriate engine tune? Thanks. ;D
Chaser,
For the melted signals I believe he was referring to the pipe he got through E-bay before the MIVV.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
FWIW, I have a ZARD low single exhaust. I tried both the TORS and Arrow tune available at the dealer, and until you can get a tuneboy and tune it properly, the Arrow tune is REALLY close. Most low single cans are gonna act similar. The short midpipe wants less fuel on the bottom than a dual can high level setup. The Arrow system is the only single that Triumph has developed a tune for, so use it until you can get tuneboy.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts